+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual intent

dolfin

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hello folks,

I have an application to PR, and will be applying to study permit after I get my CAQ.

now while providing ties to my home country for my study permit, how can it sound logic while I still do have a PR application on the same CIC account?

Like I am trying to convince CIC that I have home ties that will bring me back home after my study, but at the same time I have standing PR application, doesn't this sound contradictory?

any input is appreciated.

Fujiyama

Sep 22, 2017
Hello folks,

I have an application to PR, and will be applying to study permit after I get my CAQ.

now while providing ties to my home country for my study permit, how can it sound logic while I still do have a PR application on the same CIC account?

Like I am trying to convince CIC that I have home ties that will bring me back home after my study, but at the same time I have standing PR application, doesn't this sound contradictory?

any input is appreciated.
Hi,

I have the same situation as you. did you get your visa? did you tell the that you have also applied for PR? which country you are applying from?

thank you very much for your help,

dolfin

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hi,

I have the same situation as you. did you get your visa? did you tell the that you have also applied for PR? which country you are applying from?

thank you very much for your help,
Yes I did say in the LoE that I have a PR application under processing, and thank God I got the visa.
I applied online from Egypt.
All the best :)

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yes I did say in the LoE that I have a PR application under processing, and thank God I got the visa.
I applied online from Egypt.
All the best :)
Hi I am facing the same situation. I have applied to Professional masters in ontario but I have made my EE profile long back in apr.
I have submitted my Student permit since 19th sep but no update till now.
Do you think EE profile will affect my student permit?

srivatsanr4

Jun 8, 2018
Hi I am facing the same situation. I have applied to Professional masters in ontario but I have made my EE profile long back in apr.
I have submitted my Student permit since 19th sep but no update till now.
Do you think EE profile will affect my student permit?
Hi, I am in the same situation now. can you please tell me what happened did they approve your visa??

KalaDesh

May 30, 2021
I'm facing the same issue. I have an EE profile and thinking of applying for the student visa as there are no draws.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I'm facing the same issue. I have an EE profile and thinking of applying for the student visa as there are no draws.
Include a paragraph on your SOP as to why you have active profile and why should be considered for temporary status you are applying. Try to overcome doubt of not returning back your home country after your studies as you attempted PR-EE

Reactions: KalaDesh