+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual Intent Student Visa Application (PR [FSW-O AOR 9th Jan 2020] then Student Visa)

neerajbhide

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Pune
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-01-2020
AOR Received.
09-01-2020
Med's Done....
04-01-2020
Hello Members,

I'm an active PR applicant under FSW program with AoR on 9th Jan 2020 still waiting for IRCC to process my application and grant me CoPR.

Before applying for PR, I'd applied for MBA at Goodman School of Business around Sept 2019 and was admitted to the program. However, after the admit I calculated my points and it came to 471. So I decided it was better to apply for PR rather than a study permit. So in October 2020 I created my EE Profile and received an ITA in Nov 2020.

After all the documents were in place I submitted with application on 9th Jan 2020. My Medicals were passed on 29th Jan 2020 and biometrics were completed on 4th Feb 2020. As per IRCC's processing timeline, I was expecting a decision by Mid July 2020 and it would've been perfect as the program was to commence by Sept 2020.

As my luck would have it, Covid happened! Canada closed its international borders and my application is stuck ever since! As it was an MBA I wanted to attend it in person and hence I deferred my admit to Fall 2021.

Now after waiting for about 12 months since the border closure I haven't seen any progress on the application and no one has any clue when we can expect IRCC to process the pending applications and open up its borders to outlanders.

Having already wasted a year and deferred my admit once; I don't want to defer it again and I'm against doing an MBA online as it defeats the whole purpose of doing an MBA!!

My question is, can I apply for a study permit given that IRCC is processing Study Permits and students are exempted from the travel restrictions! Following are the queries I'd with regards to the Dual Intent Study Permit application:

1) Should I apply under SDS or Non- SDS
2) Will a dual intent Study Permit negatively impact my PR application?
3) What all to include in Study Permit SOP
4) I'm ready to write IELTS Academic again as my previous score is expired.

Request you to please go through this long post and help me out!!!

Regards,
Neeraj Bhide