+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual Intent SOP

salvadorposse

Apr 27, 2017
Hi, I have just been accepted in an Ontario College and I have an active EE profile.
I understand that I have to say something about my dual intent in my SOP letter, does any one has a good example or idea on what do I have to say?

Thanks.

DanielEcu

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Quito, Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
VAC - Upfront
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2017
LANDED..........
Will be 05-07-2017
salvadorposse said:
Hi, I have just been accepted in an Ontario College and I have an active EE profile.
I understand that I have to say something about my dual intent in my SOP letter, does any one has a good example or idea on what do I have to say?

Thanks.
Why would you have to say something about dual intent? It is better to avoid that part, although there is no reason for rejecting based on dual intent, but you would have to bring it up very carefuly as it may turn to be a very delicate point. I wouldn't mention it, to be honest. But maybe, someone more enlightened than me could guide you better?

DanielEcu

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Quito, Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
VAC - Upfront
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2017
LANDED..........
Will be 05-07-2017
salvadorposse said:
How about in the forms? There is a question if I have ever applied for a Canadian Visa.
I don't think having an active EE is equal to having applied to a Canadian Visa.

Reactions: EvelynJ

salvadorposse

Apr 27, 2017
DanielEcu said:
I don't think having an active EE is equal to having applied to a Canadian Visa.
That's what I think too, but, in some point they could find that my passport number is in their database as I am in the Express Entry Pool, and misinterpret my intentions.
I'm working in my SOP letter and I'm trying to be clear that I will leave the country when my permit expires and that I wont stay as an illegal, I know they dont refuse any temporary resident based on dual intent, I just want to the best I can to get the study permit.

Thanks.

DanielEcu

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Quito, Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
Doc's Request.
VAC - Upfront
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2017
LANDED..........
Will be 05-07-2017
salvadorposse said:
That's what I think too, but, in some point they could find that my passport number is in their database as I am in the Express Entry Pool, and misinterpret my intentions.
I'm working in my SOP letter and I'm trying to be clear that I will leave the country when my permit expires and that I wont stay as an illegal, I know they dont refuse any temporary resident based on dual intent, I just want to the best I can to get the study permit.

Thanks.
Just don't try too hard... better that convincing the officer that you will leave the country is showing that you have strong ties back home.

Naiem

Sep 27, 2015

Thanks.
Hi so could u managed to receive the study permit visa with dual intent. I'm in a similar situation now. if you received study permit, can u please share me this sop to spice.naiem@gmail.com or
describe what u mentioned.
Many Thanks

Catpaws14

Star Member
Sep 3, 2017
No need to mention it. In imm1294 if you have been refused of previous application, you need additional explanation for this but for EE no need.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
You should mention it l. I did. It's important. Just say you will not break any immigration laws and will follow the due process of Express Entry. It is important that you give them a plan and reason to come back after your study visa expires.

Ylover207

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
You should mention it l. I did. It's important. Just say you will not break any immigration laws and will follow the due process of Express Entry. It is important that you give them a plan and reason to come back after your study visa expires.

Thanks for the info
Plz can you share your sop with me as I will also applying under dual intent ?
Ylover207@gmail.com
PLZ
Thanks in advance