+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual Intent SOP

dubai2021

Mar 11, 2021
I got admission in Business Diploma program in BC Canada. I have already MBA from Pakistan in 2008 and have 12 years study gap. I have continued work experience in that tenure. Can anyone help me writing an SOP in this situation. I don't know how to.

rashakht

Feb 23, 2021
Hello!
I applied for Ontario through express entry and submitted my application after getting an ITA. However, i recently got my phd acceptance in Quebec and I want to apply to a student visa. What do you think i should say in my SOP concerning this matter so that I dont get rejected? If anyone can help that would be great.. my email is rashakhayat@live.com

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
Hello!
I applied for Ontario through express entry and submitted my application after getting an ITA. However, i recently got my phd acceptance in Quebec and I want to apply to a student visa. What do you think i should say in my SOP concerning this matter so that I dont get rejected? If anyone can help that would be great.. my email is rashakhayat@live.com
i didnt mention my FSW application at all. they’d know because in one of the other IMM forms, you’re supposed to say whether or not you’ve previously applied for any other visas or under any immigration programmes. I wrote my EE application number there.

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Just don't try too hard... better that convincing the officer that you will leave the country is showing that you have strong ties back home.
I agree.. just convince them that you will leave at the end of the study that's what they want to know

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
I got admission in Business Diploma program in BC Canada. I have already MBA from Pakistan in 2008 and have 12 years study gap. I have continued work experience in that tenure. Can anyone help me writing an SOP in this situation. I don't know how to.
sorry buddy but your chances are way less

ajunamary

Jul 1, 2021
Dear All,

I have an active express entry profile and I got admission in a college in Ontario. So I believe I fall under Dual Intent category. Can anyone tell me what are the differences in this application from normal student visa application. Also if it is possible can I get a copy of a Sample SOP. My email ID is persuit001@gmail.com

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Dear All,

I have an active express entry profile and I got admission in a college in Ontario. So I believe I fall under Dual Intent category. Can anyone tell me what are the differences in this application from normal student visa application. Also if it is possible can I get a copy of a Sample SOP. My email ID is persuit001@gmail.com
No difference, your study permit application is standard. Having an active EE profile is not dual intent. Until you receive an ITA and submit an e-APR, you are not considered to have applied to IRCC.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hi, I have just been accepted in an Ontario College and I have an active EE profile.
I understand that I have to say something about my dual intent in my SOP letter, does any one has a good example or idea on what do I have to say?

Thanks.
Let me try to explain as per my knowledge and understanding: Dual intent is not an issue and you need to talk about it in your SOP, since the purpose is not to leave any aspect of your life undiscussed similar to how you are discussing everything else about yourself. Canada has no issue with your intent to stay in Canada permanently, what they are concerned about is whether you have enough ties to your home country that if your studies don't work out or you fail to secure PR, you would return to your home country peacefully. For example, if someone leaving behind children and spouse in the home country, then it would be a tough decision for that person to stay in Canada beyond legally authorized and would return to children and spouse; because if that person is staying illegally in Canada then can't sponsor children and spouse for unforeseeable future.

Reactions: HS7

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
Why are you going for diploma after Mba? Go for a second masters in relevant field. The gap doesn’t matter as far as you have been working and mention/justify it in your application

Reactions: HS7

rajni2121

Apr 6, 2022

Najmi

Nov 5, 2018
Hi, I was rejtected twice Temp Resident Visa . I suspect since i had my EE profile I might be a victum of dual intent concept .
This time I am trying again and wanted to close the dual intent's suspesion.

Can any one share me the SOP or Letter of Intent to explain the situation and intent please to my mailx box ;

najmi.mansoor@gmail.com

DionneI

Jan 19, 2023
Hi All,
So I just put in an EE application. However, I have not received an ITA. I have valid admission for September 2023 in UNBC and am currently preparing my SOP. I have come across different opinions on whether or not to include that in my SOP. If anyone could provide clarification. I would appreciate it. Thank you.

P.S Also if you are or have been in my position, I would appreciate if you could share your SOP for reference.
dionneisichei@gmail.com