IELTS Request
Submitted in EE profile 8.5
Med's Done....
Passed 05/05/2015
Passport Req..
13/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2015
Having taken a glance at the forum, it appears that there's a high probability of refusal for TRV application of the spouse of a PR/Citizen. What I find puzzling is that subsection 22(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act does recognize dual intent applicants. So why is there such a high refusal rate?

And personally as I try to apply for my wife, am I better off applying only for a TRV without starting the spousal sponsorship simultaneously? My wife has a stable job and she also has a side hustle (Dental practice) back home. What would you folks suggest? Should I consider buying a return ticket to demonstrate that she will go back?

I would really appreciate if someone here who has successfully gotten a TRV can share their experience

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Having taken a glance at the forum, it appears that there's a high probability of refusal for TRV application of the spouse of a PR/Citizen. What I find puzzling is that subsection 22(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act does recognize dual intent applicants. So why is there such a high refusal rate?

And personally as I try to apply for my wife, am I better off applying only for a TRV without starting the spousal sponsorship simultaneously? My wife has a stable job and she also has a side hustle (Dental practice) back home. What would you folks suggest? Should I consider buying a return ticket to demonstrate that she will go back?

I would really appreciate if someone here who has successfully gotten a TRV can share their experience
Submit the spousal sponsorship asap. Make that a priority so that the processing of that application gets underway as soon as possible. No guarantee the TRV will be approved so you want the spousal sponsorship application to be your priority so that processing starts. TRV processing times are taking longer right now so it doesn't make sense to wait for the outcome of that before you submit the spousal sponsorship application. You can certainly submit the TRV in parallel, but don't wait on the spousal sponsorship application.

Don't buy an airline ticket until you know if the TRV is approved. You can include an itinerary as part of the TRV application - but don't buy an actual ticket. Might end up being a complete waste of money.

In terms of your first question, it's around this bit "if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay." Applications are refused due to having insufficient ties to their home country, lack of travel history, lack of funds, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Once you are married whether you have a spousal sponsorship application in process or not doesn't have a big impact. Applying for a TRV before you get married is the best strategy.

gurnisha

Mar 24, 2021
How much worth of assets should we show for spouse's TRV? $100,000? $200,000? $1,000,000? Or does it depend on immovable property, like houses/plots of land/agricultural land?