+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual Intenet Help

RedMan1892

Oct 19, 2011
Hi ,

My parents and I currently reside in India. My sister who has got her Canadian Citizenship, applied for famliy class sponsorhip in August2009....We have been informed that this procedure takes between 4-5 years to process completly.
My query is that during that time period{4-5yrs....} can I apply for a student visa as I want to study post graduate diploma(1-1.6 yrs) in Canada (I have the required work exp and qualifications) or do I need to wait till the immigration process completes {I've been told that there is no defnitive timeline and processing time differs from application to application}.
Also in 2009 May, my parents were visting my sister with me{Cananda}...but my visa was rejected,{I had just got done with college at that time and I guess they thought I couldn't give a definitve reason for returning once my trip completed.}
Will this rejection{for travel} affect my Visa app {for study} this time.
Any information provided on this would be much appreciated

Thanks,
Bruce.

evanhindra

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
somewhere in the universe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't quote me on this:

When applying for a study-permit, you must mention that you have a previous history (refusal for TRV). It won't likely be an issue; but it will definitely show honesty on your part. It would also help if you follow every requirements for a study-permit (such as getting letter of admission from the university). Essentially, you have to provide them with evidence that you won't overstay your study-visa (this goes with pretty much all things dual-intent), even if your Family Class Sponsorship falls apart.

My wife is on a dual-intent TRV; and she's leaving tomorrow to pick up her PPR. ;).