+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual citizenship

Imanannab

Oct 19, 2017
Hello.

I got our PPR yesterday and now need to submit passports. We are inland and have been in Canada 4 years. We have dual citizenship, one that requires a visa and the other that requires an eTA. Which passport do I submit? Does it matter which passport is submitted for the purposes of PR card processing? Obviously I would like to apply with the non visa passport.

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello.

I got our PPR yesterday and now need to submit passports. We are inland and have been in Canada 4 years. We have dual citizenship, one that requires a visa and the other that requires an eTA. Which passport do I submit? Does it matter which passport is submitted for the purposes of PR card processing? Obviously I would like to apply with the non visa passport.

Thanks!
1. The one for the country that you claimed citizenship of on your application.

Reactions: Elchin

Elchin

Feb 1, 2015
hi guys
I have a similar question. I have dual citizenship, but i only got documents for one of them, is it necessary to send documents for both citizenship?

Imanannab

Oct 19, 2017
My PPR did not stipulate which of my two passports I should send in. When I applied for a PR I disclosed both citizenships and sent copies of everything.

Vietgirl

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Hi

1. The one for the country that you claimed citizenship of on your application.
I think you need to declare all of your countries of citizen, you don't have a choice of this because the application asks for for this information.

Logically you don't have to submit every passport because it's just a form of ID and some people might not have passport of some of their country of citizen.

@Imanannab Could you please share what you decided to do in the end? Thanks

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
I have pretty much the same question, my son has dual citizenship and I need to renew both of his passports in the coming weeks, I would like to know once I get the request passport which passport should I use as he has two passports and both of them were uploaded into the application.

I would think, I can use any of them as long as they have not expired but if someone with more certitude can confirm?