+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DUAL CITIZENSHIP | PHILIPPINES & CANADA

kshlv

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
If I become a dual citizen of PH and Canada BUT planning to stay and work in the Philippines, how long can i stay out of Canada? Do I have to go back and forth every year or no?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
If you are a Canadian citizen there is no requirement that you ever return to Canada. If you are only a PR then you must comply with your RO to maintain your status.

kshlv

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
If you are a Canadian citizen there is no requirement that you ever return to Canada. If you are only a PR then you must comply with your RO to maintain your status.
Hello, do you have a source? because they said if you become a canadian citizen you are only allowed to stay 30-90 days outside Canada. That's why i am planning to apply as a dual citizen because I am thinking that it might help me not to go back every year in Canada.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Hello, do you have a source? because they said if you become a canadian citizen you are only allowed to stay 30-90 days outside Canada. That's why i am planning to apply as a dual citizen because I am thinking that it might help me not to go back every year in Canada.
As a Canadian citizen, you are free to travel and live where you choose. Relocating to another country, even on a permanent basis, does not affect your status as a Canadian citizen. You remain a Canadian citizen as long as you wish. Of course you will not have access to Canadian health care if you are not in your home province.

I have NO idea where you get the idea that you can only leave Canada for a couple months at a time in order to maintain your Canadian citizenship, but it is very very wrong. As a citizen you are free to live and move wherever you wish and remain there as long as you wish, of course, within the guidelines of the country you wish to move to, that is.

Reactions: foodie69

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
They lied.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Who said?? Always interesting to hear who is spreading these rumors