+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Droping a semester????

Reddycha

Nov 26, 2015
I have a similar case. I am in Halifax, I failed in my exams and my university will be asking me to leave the course hence I have applied for another college in Toronto for May 2016 intake, can you please let me know if I can stay in Canada without working until may and join in May 2016 for that course in Toronto.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Reddycha said:
I have a similar case. I am in Halifax, I failed in my exams and my university will be asking me to leave the course hence I have applied for another college in Toronto for May 2016 intake, can you please let me know if I can stay in Canada without working until may and join in May 2016 for that course in Toronto.

Provided your visa is valid, you can stay as a 'visitor'.

Jun 2, 2017
Hello
I am an international student. I was enrolled in biotechnology advanced Fastrack in Centennial college may 2017 intake but I found it difficult so I changed my course to International business management but now I am also having lots of difficulty in learning business because I am not from business background my background is bioinformatics and my peers they have MBA degrees and lot of work experience. I don't even have any work experience and due to all these reasons I am not able to perform well in the class. I am very depressed I want to change this program and college I asked St Lawrence college they suggested me to do one semester from Centennial and bring the transcript then apply for the offer letter for January intake 2018 and drop one semester after giving exam in Centennial college because they need my transcript to give me admission
I am very confused what to do
One more problem I am not very financially strong I have to do the job here to pay my fee for the next semester but this Centennial college is not allowing me to do the job it's very hectic here I have 5 days classes in a week I am very confused about my situation
Please tell me if I do one semester from Centennial and then drop the another semester and take admission to St Lawrence (Alpha international academy) in January intake 2018 in health care management program then is it going to create any problem for me in future for applying my work permit and PR?
Help me i need your genuine advise

Oct 16, 2017
Brampton
Visa Office......
Brampton
Hello , i am currently student of cambrian college in organization management (2nd sem). This is one year course and will complete in December. I am going to complete my this course by 8 months continuously study and i have applied for jan2018 intake but did not get offer for January. Now i have only one option to continue study in may. Will this drop effect me or not.

Oct 16, 2017
Brampton
Visa Office......
Brampton
Hello , i am currently student of cambrian college in organization management (2nd sem). This is one year course and will complete in December. I am going to complete my this course by 8 months continuously study and i have applied for jan2018 intake but did not get offer for January. Now i have only one option to continue study in may. Will this drop effect me or not.

shahadat_1

Mar 15, 2018
Hello Sir,
I need an urgent help. Please help me for this. I am an international student and landed in canada for September session and my institution name is st clair college which is in windsor. If I drop my semester take admission in january session in seneca college in toronto is there any problem to get PGWP. I am new in here and missing my parents a lot. That is why i cant concentrate on my education. Please help me about this. If i drop a semester is there any problem to get PR...and can i work during this break. Please let me know about this. I will be ever grateful to you for this
Your good advice will be highly appreciable.. .

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hello Sir,
I need an urgent help. Please help me for this. I am an international student and landed in canada for September session and my institution name is st clair college which is in windsor. If I drop my semester take admission in january session in seneca college in toronto is there any problem to get PGWP. I am new in here and missing my parents a lot. That is why i cant concentrate on my education. Please help me about this. If i drop a semester is there any problem to get PR...and can i work during this break. Please let me know about this. I will be ever grateful to you for this
Your good advice will be highly appreciable.. .
If you drop semester the issue is you might lose your study permit since you will not be a student for more than 90 days, I don't know how seriously they enforce this rule but St Clair is required to report your status to immigration.

There is no issue with PGWP or PR though, you will simply ignore your St Clair studies when applying for PGWP and only apply with Seneca transcripts & completion letter.

Do you already have a new LOA? The safe thing to do would be to stay in college then transfer or just drop and start at Seneca in January.

shahadat_1

Mar 15, 2018
If you drop semester the issue is you might lose your study permit since you will not be a student for more than 90 days, I don't know how seriously they enforce this rule but St Clair is required to report your status to immigration.

There is no issue with PGWP or PR though, you will simply ignore your St Clair studies when applying for PGWP and only apply with Seneca transcripts & completion letter.

Do you already have a new LOA? The safe thing to do would be to stay in college then transfer or just drop and start at Seneca in January.
Sir thanx for your help. But If already

Sir, I have already applied for seneca college for january session and I hope I will get a new LOA soon. Thats why I have started my september session already in St clair college. Now my question is that if i will get my offer letter from seneca and after getting it if i drop the semester and take admission for seneca at january session is there any problem. Please let me know about this.