+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving Uber in Quebec - 4c driver license

OsamaAli

Jul 11, 2019
Brossard, QC
I am a refugee claimant in Quebec since 4 months. I get a class 5 driving licence a week ago.
I am looking to work as an Uber driver, but they require class 4C driving licence here in Quebec(same as taxi drivers).
My question, as a refugee claimant, am I eligible for the 4C licence or it's only limited for permanent residents and Canadians?

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
I am a refugee claimant in Quebec since 4 months. I get a class 5 driving licence a week ago.
I am looking to work as an Uber driver, but they require class 4C driving licence here in Quebec(same as taxi drivers).
My question, as a refugee claimant, am I eligible for the 4C licence or it's only limited for permanent residents and Canadians?
Yes you are eligable.

Reactions: OsamaAli

OsamaAli

Jul 11, 2019
Brossard, QC
Yes you are eligable.
Thank you for the response. Another question please, its written that to apply for 4c you need to hold a 5 class driving licence for one year at least. I just got mine very soon but I have been driving for 30 years back home. Do I need to wait for 1 year to apply for 4c or can I apply directly?

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Thank you for the response. Another question please, its written that to apply for 4c you need to hold a 5 class driving licence for one year at least. I just got mine very soon but I have been driving for 30 years back home. Do I need to wait for 1 year to apply for 4c or can I apply directly?
If they accepted your drivers license from back home then they must add experience in your driving record and if they did then you don’t need to wait, you can get your driving record easily or visit saaq they will help you out.

Reactions: OsamaAli

OsamaAli

Jul 11, 2019
Brossard, QC
If they accepted your drivers license from back home then they must add experience in your driving record and if they did then you don’t need to wait, you can get your driving record easily or visit saaq they will help you out.
Thank you once again for the prompt response. I applied with my driving licence and passed both the knowledge test and driving test and received my class 5 driving licence by mail a week ago. In my original driving licence the date of first driving licence issuance is stated so it's clear that I have it since 1984.
Anyways, you are right its better to go and ask at SAAQ

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
osama

i want to share my experience with you. As i was in the same shoes. But they tell you get 4C license which i did in montreal but finally after getting it when i went to uber offer they told me you cant drive in Quebec if you dont speak french. so the whole process waisted alot of time for me. So before proceeding make sure you speak french to use 4C in Quebec. if not come to toronto as i did.

OsamaAli

Jul 11, 2019
Brossard, QC
osama

i want to share my experience with you. As i was in the same shoes. But they tell you get 4C license which i did in montreal but finally after getting it when i went to uber offer they told me you cant drive in Quebec if you dont speak french. so the whole process waisted alot of time for me. So before proceeding make sure you speak french to use 4C in Quebec. if not come to toronto as i did.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I have a friend who is an Uber driver in Montreal who doesn't speak French. He told me the French exam they do is very simple and basic. I will see what happens and will let you know.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Thank you for sharing your experience. I have a friend who is an Uber driver in Montreal who doesn't speak French. He told me the French exam they do is very simple and basic. I will see what happens and will let you know.
update us with your uber french experience. if it is good then i will move back as well. As living in toronto is expensive.

Topor

Oct 20, 2019
Hi. I’m in same state like refugees and poor French speaking and I ask Uber the answer it was no problem the language you can use the Google translator

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
You need to have basic french knowledge to pass the uber exam, therefore, you need to have some french vocab related to driving.
the Québécoise or the French people don't use uber for riding, 99% of the customers are international and everyone speaks English but it's a new law from the new Quebec government.

Topor

Oct 20, 2019
You need to have basic french knowledge to pass the uber exam, therefore, you need to have some french vocab related to driving.
the Québécoise or the French people don't use uber for riding, 99% of the customers are international and everyone speaks English but it's a new law from the new Quebec government.
Thank you. Then I sit a little bit to exercise my French!