+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving someone for Flagpolling. Is it fine?

Naqvee

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, just a quick question. I am a Canadian PR. Can I drive my friend who wants to do PR landing at border? Would it have any effect on my US visa profile (denied entry) etc?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi, just a quick question. I am a Canadian PR. Can I drive my friend who wants to do PR landing at border? Would it have any effect on my US visa profile (denied entry) etc?
See if someone replies back with his/her personal experience. In worst case scenario, you can drop your friend just short of USA border and you can wait for him at CBSA custom office while he goes to US checkpost for admin refusal and then enters Canada through Canadian checkpost by foot. It would be fun to watch someone on foot waiting behind line of cars at either side of border :p

I bet people heading to USA will honk horns at him while people heading to Canada will allow him to jump the line :D

Reactions: Naqvee

Naqvee

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Here is my experience: It's completely fine to drive someone to US border for PR landing. (I however had US B1/B2 visa too).

The US border guys didn't let us make a U-Turn immediately, we were rather sent to security clearance post. They took finger prints of my friend and issued a document for Canadian borders agency. That's it for US borders and at Canadian post it was regular process. Overall it took us an hour.

There are multiple ways to reach border even if you are not driving (like taking bus Greyhound or ask anyone to drive you to the parking lot next to border and you can walk to the border :)

Goodluck everyone.

Thanks APPNOV2014NY for your prompt response.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY