+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving License Record from US

Takentaken421

Aug 30, 2018
Hi Guys! I recently received my PR and plan to move to Canada early next year. I've about 6.5 years of driving history in Texas. I would like to know some details about the requesting driver record from Department of Public Safety (DPS).

1. Texas DPS issues different types of driving records - Type 1, Type 2, Type 2A, Type 3, Type 3A and Type AR. Here is the link to these types. Which type should I request or what are the necessary details required on the driving record in order to be able to exchange the license?

2. They have an option to order the record online or request by mail. If I order online and print, will it be accepted? Is it mandatory to carry the original driving record (received in mail) from DPS?

DreamCanadian

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Can anyone help me to extract the driving records from multiple states, I have being to 3 different state (NJ,TX,GA) in past 5 years, Do i need to get the extract from all these states ?

justinline

May 19, 2009
Can anyone help me to extract the driving records from multiple states, I have being to 3 different state (NJ,TX,GA) in past 5 years, Do i need to get the extract from all these states ?
Get the latest ones which proves you have over 2-3 years of driving experience.

justinline

May 19, 2009
Thanks! I will request in mail. Do they expect the driving record in sealed envelope or is it ok to open and check?
Not sure ...if sealed will help or not. For me I ordered from Florida. I specifically requested certified copies. So they had signature and stamp on the back....and that was crucial.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
ooh great, Why we need the extract ? can't they just simply see the US DL and give us the DL ?
Abstract has other critical info like accidents, pull notice, arrest and others which i don't even know what it means. For clean records, most of it would be specified as NONE.