+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving licence in Ontario - Less than 2 years driving experience with exchange

vapor10

Jun 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi there,

I need your help as I am a new immigrant to Toronto with a PR and I would like to obtain a local driving licence.

In my case,I got a french driving licence just before landing in Ontario. So I have less than 2 years of driving experience. On the official website of ontario (https://www.ontario.ca/page/exchange-out-province-drivers-licence), it is stated that I am eligible to an exchange with my French driving licence.

Below conditions to obtain a local driving licence in my case :

[/url][/IMG]

Questions : I don't understand how to gain 2 years of driving experience in Ontario as I don't have an Ontario driving licence ? How long I can drive in Ontario with a french driving licence ? What I have to do ?

Thanks in advance for your replies :) !

Cheers !

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi there,

I need your help as I am a new immigrant to Toronto with a PR and I would like to obtain a local driving licence.

In my case,I got a french driving licence just before landing in Ontario. So I have less than 2 years of driving experience. On the official website of ontario (https://www.ontario.ca/page/exchange-out-province-drivers-licence), it is stated that I am eligible to an exchange with my French driving licence.

[/url][/IMG]

Questions : I don't understand how to gain 2 years of driving experience in Ontario as I don't have an Ontario driving licence ? How long I can drive in Ontario with a french driving licence ? What I have to do ?

Cheers !
1. You will be issued a G1 license
2. You can drive for 60 days after PR on your French license

Reactions: vapor10

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
Hi there,

[/url][/IMG]

Cheers !
Per the snapshot you have provided, if you have x months of experience on the french driving license, you can drive on the G1 license for 2 - x months before you can appear for the road test.

Reactions: vapor10

vapor10

Jun 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Per the snapshot you have provided, if you have x months of experience on the french driving license, you can drive on the G1 license for 2 - x months before you can appear for the road test.
Yes 24 months - x months. Thanks !