+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving licence in Ontario - Exchange

Jul 16, 2022
Hello community,
I'm Originated from a country that does not have an exchange agreement in place with Ontario and I have more than 10 years driving experience (I Have the driving experience letter from my origin country).
However, I've been living in France for the past year and I exchanged my Original driving License with the French one.
Knowing that my new french driving license is recent (Less than 2 years) but i have an experience letter stating I've been driving for more than 10 years (from my home country, not France), can I simply exchange the French License ? or should i go through the Canadian driving test ?
Thank you,

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Sounds to me like you’d still need the G Test, since your exchange-eligible license is less than 2 years old. But hopefully someone who had a similar case can confirm, or better yet, proceed to the DriveTest centre yourself.

hellosudheer

Jul 20, 2022
You need to get the drivers abstract from all your previous countries of stay and submit. Then you can exchange and no need to give the test.

Hello community,
I'm Originated from a country that does not have an exchange agreement in place with Ontario and I have more than 10 years driving experience (I Have the driving experience letter from my origin country).
However, I've been living in France for the past year and I exchanged my Original driving License with the French one.
Knowing that my new french driving license is recent (Less than 2 years) but i have an experience letter stating I've been driving for more than 10 years (from my home country, not France), can I simply exchange the French License ? or should i go through the Canadian driving test ?
Thank you,