+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driver's license road test waiting times

javisam376

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Hi,

I am planning on doing a soft landing in Toronto for 1 week, among other things I would like to get my driver's license process started, since I have about 15 years of driving experience I understand I have to take a written test and only after passing that test I can schedule the road test.

My question is: Would it be reasonable to get a road test opening within 4 or 5 days in advance only or that is impossible?

I can also take the road test, go back home and once my PR card is mailed (a relative in Ontario will receive it and mail it overseas) and then come back to take the road test. Will that we worth it? I mean paying aroud $1.2K USD to get to Canada in order to lower my insurance costs to avoid the 1 year waiting period between G2 and G licenses?

Thanks.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
It depends what country you are from. You may be able to change your driving license into a Canadian one. I am from the UK and I changed my learners permit and was able to take the written test and road test. Didn't have to wait to go through the whole waiting game to get a full license.

javisam376

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
It depends what country you are from. You may be able to change your driving license into a Canadian one. I am from the UK and I changed my learners permit and was able to take the written test and road test. Didn't have to wait to go through the whole waiting game to get a full license.
Thanks, but I checked and there is no license exchange with my country of origin.