19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
One query here please help .
I have driving license from india but on my driving license adress is of our old house and on passport my new house . I am coming to ontario . I am arranging for DL extract . Is it cause any problem .
Nope no issues

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
One more question .my driving license from india is CARD type not new chip type . Is it ok ?.will they accept it
They don care... they just need extract.. they wont take ur indian license...

Annie@ca

Apr 29, 2019
Here is the response

After landing apply for G1 written test and provide ur Indian driving licence copy to expedite G2
And if you have RTO letter please give that to the drive test Center to apply for full G .. you will skip G2 and get full G

The refund of 59 CAD for G2 will be refunded to you in a cheque

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Hi!

Thank you for providing this link. I do have a DL extract, do I still need to get a letter from RTO or just providing my current license and DL extract is enough?

Cheers,
Chirag
if you have a DL extract then that is enough. Its just a simple printout with license details and sign and stamp of RTO.

May 14, 2019
Update Everyone!

I went to a registry in Calgary yesterday, and according to them, DL Extract or Abstract is not required. If you have over 2 years of driving experience, and issuance date is mentioned on your DL, you're eligible to give the Knowledge test. After you score 25/30 or higher on the knowledge test, you'll have to surrender your Indian DL. They will verify your driving history which could take upto 3 weeks. Once everything is verified, you'll have to appear for a road test and upon clearing that you'll have your Class 5 license. This is my experience in Calgary, Alberta. The process might differ between provinces.

Santacan

Jul 8, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Update Everyone!

I went to a registry in Calgary yesterday, and according to them, DL Extract or Abstract is not required. If you have over 2 years of driving experience, and issuance date is mentioned on your DL, you're eligible to give the Knowledge test. After you score 25/30 or higher on the knowledge test, you'll have to surrender your Indian DL. They will verify your driving history which could take upto 3 weeks. Once everything is verified, you'll have to appear for a road test and upon clearing that you'll have your Class 5 license. This is my experience in Calgary, Alberta. The process might differ between provinces.
Did they give back your Indian license after they verified

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Hi

I am in Ontario. The process is that you need to get divers extract from your local RTO.

While you come and gone test for G1, just hand over the extract so they will add to your exp.

Benifit: you can directly jump from G1 to G without any way time. You still need to give the test.

Advice :
1. Take driving lessons in India first so you at least know how to drive, as lessons here are expensive. You would still need to take some lessons here to learn rules and driving automatic transmission.
2. After getting G1, do give G2 first. Reason: if a. You pay for g2 test anyways while you give G1 and b. if you directly try and fail G, you would then need to give G2 first. So get first level.

3) In the meantime, (not mandatory) along with extract try getting international DL from India. You can drive for six month on international dl here.

Wigglesworth

Oct 10, 2016
just got turned away from kitchener with old booklet style mumbai india license , said they get 100s a day and do not accept them anymore. also we had RTO extract paper manually filled and couriered, the form from thane had the year typed out, the rto officer crossed the 6 from 2016 and put a 9 . the office here refused it due to the date being manually changed!

a lot of hassle, money, and wasted time for no gain

i only post this in hopes some do not have to make the same mistakes.