+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driver'S Licence(out of country)

cuterose

Dec 25, 2009
Hi.
i have indian driving licence-4 wheeler since march-2008.when i asked RTO official to provide written statement for my driving exprience then they told me that We don't provide such latter.your licence is proof that you hv exprience.if they dont provide then what i can do?
what shoud I do.can I produce my normal driving licence to get G2 licence directly .

Any one here who has managed to get such latter ?

Kindly Advice.

As per http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/OutOfCountryDrivers.aspx.
To obtain recognition for more than 12 months driving experience, applicants are required to obtain written authentication of their foreign driving experience from the originating licensing agency, or from the Embassy, Consulate or High Commissioners' offices representing the jurisdiction. The authentication letter must be on official letterhead and be written in either English

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
cuterose said:
Hi.
i have indian driving licence-4 wheeler since march-2008.when i asked RTO official to provide written statement for my driving exprience then they told me that We don't provide such latter.your licence is proof that you hv exprience.if they dont provide then what i can do?
what shoud I do.can I produce my normal driving licence to get G2 licence directly .

Kindly Advice.

To obtain recognition for more than 12 months driving experience, applicants are required to obtain written authentication of their foreign driving experience from the originating licensing agency, or from the Embassy, Consulate or High Commissioners' offices representing the jurisdiction. The authentication letter must be on official letterhead and be written in either English
I went to the Swedish consulate with my driver's license and asked for an official translation and that was all they needed at the driver's test site.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Does your original driver's license include the date when it was issued? If it was more than 12 months ago, that should be enough. If you have any trouble, write to your consulate/embassy for what they requested and ask them to send back a written explanation that they can't issue that and hopefully that will do it.

scorpio2009

Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my driver's licence have date of issue(full licence) on 05-March-2008.
it is in english with all details like what i have on my passport.ex:DOB,Address,name fathers name,expire date,type of vehical ,my picture...etc.
it was issued on march-2008 so it means i have near arround 2 years exprience.is that ok???????

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per my understanding it is not against rule to provide a certification by the Driver's licencing authority ( RTO in India). What your RTO said is correct as the licence is self explanatory as there is issue and expiry dates (including the re-newals if any). The old style book, which many people still have is giving a full history and in Many of the States it is in English . If it is in Regional language it should be translted.I think,
If you 'see' the officer conveniently perhaps he may provide a certification showing that you hold a valid driving licence in India since ---- (date), which may be sufficient.

cuterose said:
Hi.

Kindly Advice.