+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driver license in Quebec

immigrant99

Apr 23, 2016
Hello,

I have a question regarding the driver license situation, if I have an Indian driver license and immigrated to Canada for my studies. I then obtained a job here and been working here under the skilled worker's program. Can I simply exchange my Indian driver's license for the Quebec driver license and just take writtwn/road tests without having to take (and pay nearly $1000) for the Driving Course and Theoretical Training??

Or would I still be required to go through and pay for the Driving Course and Theoretical Training?

What if my Indian driver license expires shortly? If it expires, would I be required to take the Driving course / theoretical training then?
Thanks!

teusel

Sep 24, 2014
immigrant99 said:
Hello,

I have a question regarding the driver license situation, if I have an Indian driver license and immigrated to Canada for my studies. I then obtained a job here and been working here under the skilled worker's program. Can I simply exchange my Indian driver's license for the Quebec driver license and just take writtwn/road tests without having to take (and pay nearly $1000) for the Driving Course and Theoretical Training??

Or would I still be required to go through and pay for the Driving Course and Theoretical Training?

What if my Indian driver license expires shortly? If it expires, would I be required to take the Driving course / theoretical training then?
Thanks!
Hi.. u can go and take a written exam if you have more than 24 months of driving experience in india and have driver's abstract from ur RTO. u can take and appointment for driving exam once you clear the written exam. it takes quite long sometimes.