+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Drive to Canada via Detroit to do First Landing

seth007

Apr 23, 2018
Hi
I have got COPR and am planning to fly to Detroit, USA and enter Canada via land.
Can anybody please share their experience if they have done this.
How feasible is this when I enter Canada in a rented vehicle?
Thanks

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hi
I have got COPR and am planning to fly to Detroit, USA and enter Canada via land.
Thanks
There is no issue in this.

prasenjit1986

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Hi
Thanks
Congrats!
Now, curious - why would you want to fly to a different country - then enter Canada by land crossing? You might as well fly directly to Toronto and get immigration formalities done at the airport.

However, in case you are going on a road trip - a rented car will have no problems, just that I think you'll have to mention in the goods to follow/goods with me document that the car is not being brought permanently to Canada and is just a rental vehicle.

Other than that, land crossing or airport - no difference

seth007

Apr 23, 2018
Congrats!
Now, curious - why would you want to fly to a different country - then enter Canada by land crossing? You might as well fly directly to Toronto and get immigration formalities done at the airport.

However, in case you are going on a road trip - a rented car will have no problems, just that I think you'll have to mention in the goods to follow/goods with me document that the car is not being brought permanently to Canada and is just a rental vehicle.

Other than that, land crossing or airport - no difference
I like in Dallas, TX, USA.. flights to Toronto or other places are expensive. So, flying to Detroit and driving.

Reactions: prasenjit1986