+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Draft For Underage child - Seniors please advice !

sagara

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
We have planned to migrate on september on a PR-fsw category
For 3 of us we have to take about 17,011 CAD's
Can we include a draft issued in on my son's name (he is only 8 years old) for a amount equivalent to 1600 CAD's? (The rest is issued on behalf of my name.)
I think it will not be a problem as a proof of landing funds, isn't it?
My next problem is, can i open an account of my sons name (since he is only 8 years)to deposit that money? If that is possible can't we withdraw that money before he becomes 18 years , in case if we need them

Please Advice me
Sagara

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sagara said:
Can we include a draft issued in on my son's name (he is only 8 years old) for a amount equivalent to 1600 CAD's? (The rest is issued on behalf of my name.)
My next problem is, can i open an account of my sons name (since he is only 8 years)to deposit that money? If that is possible can't we withdraw that money before he becomes 18 years , in case if we need them

Please Advice me
Sagara
What is the benefit of making a draft in the name of your son. How ever after landing and on getting the SIN Card you can go to any bank in your place of settlement and open an account in his name which should be operated by you till he become a major. The deposited money can be withdrawn any time by you before he become major, as per the rules of the bank, where you open the account. Discuss the terms with the customer service of the bank concerned.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sagara said:

Please Advice me
Sagara
There is no rule that will prevent you bringing in 17,011 CAD, all you have to do is declare it.