+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Douglas college

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Trust me they don’t even respond to students or take their applications if one is not working with an agent. My agent submitted my documents for evaluation and it was taking a considerable time so I asked about it via email and it was the same fucking reply every time! They would just give me an automated reply with a PDF of approved agents in India. In addition to that you have to have your documents evaluated/approved first before sending an application for admission.
As far as I am aware working with an agent is mandatory unless you want to risk it all and do it on your own

Reactions: DesiPikachu

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Isnt it too late for May? What will you do if your visa doesn't come in time? Also have you done a bachelors/masters from your home country?

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Isnt it too late for May? What will you do if your visa doesn't come in time? Also have you done a bachelors/masters from your home country?
I’ve applied under sds so I’m pretty sure I’ll get my visa before my classes start! Now before you talk to me about how processing time is slow and all that, I know about that but all of my friends who applied under sds got their visa within a month after they get their biometrics done! One even got a visa within 10days so I’m not worried
Ps yes I’ve done bachelor in commerce(hons in finance and accounting)

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Trust me they don’t even respond to students or take their applications if one is not working with an agent. My agent submitted my documents for evaluation and it was taking a considerable time so I asked about it via email and it was the same fucking reply every time! They would just give me an automated reply with a PDF of approved agents in India. In addition to that you have to have your documents evaluated/approved first before sending an application for admission.
As far as I am aware working with an agent is mandatory unless you want to risk it all and do it on your own
Thanks for the info. Sad that some Canadian colleges operate that way.

shivamjolly

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Do you have the pdf of approved agents in India. If yes, can share the it.

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Is a PGD really worth it after having only a bachelors? In terms of getting a job and then eventually a PR? Honest opinions?

shivamjolly

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Is a PGD really worth it after having only a bachelors? In terms of getting a job and then eventually a PR? Honest opinions?
Here is the thing, if you have experience in the field that is same as pgd you are going for, then yes its, worth it. But, it's not like freshers who have gone for pgd right after bachelors are not successful. If someone, has not any other option, then I don't think there is any harm in doing pgd. In Canada, jobs are mostly skill based and based on connections.

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
My post baccalaureate diploma has an option for coop and right after completing my first sem I would be opting for coop! I’ll be gaining work experience in my field and improving my networking skills which will boost my chances of getting a job after graduating. I mean getting a job as a bookkeeper after doing a post graduate program doesn’t seem too difficult on paper lol and it’s a noc b job. After that I’ll be doing cpa program to eventually get a cpa credential so I have my priorities straight.
Doing a post graduate program is better than doing a UG program(imagine the struggle of students who go to Canada after 12th) so if you ask me is it worth it.. kinda? Is it better than mba or any other masters program... heck no! But keep in mind, studying a masters degree requires you to be a full time student who focuses on their coursework rigorously. Therefore pg program hits the sweet spot where you can juggle a part time job while maintaining the status of a full time student