Doubts on adding newborn to application after receiving COPR

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi @canuck_in_uk and @21Goose ....i had a doubt regarding proof of funds requirements...i forgot to provide updated proof of funds while adding my newborn child..and the previously submitted proof of funds are not meeting the requirements, if we consider the exchange rate of the date when application was submitted...do you think this could cause rejection of my application and if yes, is there anything I can do now to rectify it?
If there is an issue, they will send a Procedural Fairness letter to ask for more documentation.

Reactions: MrSingh@1984

mdanish15

Jan 12, 2018
Thank you! Do you think i i should proactively provide them with updated proof of funds by raising a CSE or should i just wait for any communication from them?
Hi Mr Singh, please keep me posted with what happened to your story, I am in the same boat and worried!!

mdanish15

Jan 12, 2018
Hi @mdanish15 ....i received PPR mail and was not asked to submit updated proof of funds. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the response, could you please tell me how much time totally it took after you notified IRCC about your newborn to the new COPR including a child as a dependant? Did you guys take medical exam for your baby?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the response, could you please tell me how much time totally it took after you notified IRCC about your newborn to the new COPR including a child as a dependant? Did you guys take medical exam for your baby?
The child must have a medical.

Reactions: mdanish15

MrSingh@1984

Aug 9, 2018
It took them about approx. 15-20 days to respond after i submitted necessary documents of the newborn, such as passport, birth certificate and photos. And yes, IRCC asked us to get the medical done for the newborn, which by the way is just a normal checkup.

hp_momusu

Apr 1, 2019
Hi @MrSingh@1984 , i am in the same boat... May I know any update about your application? Have you got your new Copr and how long did it take? Thank you very much in advance!!

hp_momusu

Apr 1, 2019
Hi @hp_momusu , I did receive my new COPR and IRCC took approximately 2 months after I uploaded all the relevant documents on the portal. All the best to you!
Thank you!! And congratulations to you!
Do you think the application stream matters? Because I applied via Self employed class, and wonder if the process for adding a new born baby after issuing COPR is the same...

Vicky_D

May 6, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi @ MrSingh@1984,

I am even on the same page!

My baby was born just exactly 4 days before receiving PP Request.
I informed in the 1st week of Feb about the situation along with his birth certificate and also waited for their response.
I received a response to my web inquiry after receiving my COPR documents stating that I cannot use the old COPR papers and they are reopening my case again! I was also informed to submit some additional documents some forms, birth certificates, passport, medicals.
In recent days, I found 2 ghost updates in my portal.
Ghost Update#1 - My child's name is added into my dependents list.
Ghost Update#2 - not found any specific change in my portal/ received any email.

Any idea about how long will it take from here onwards ..?

Vicky_D

May 6, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi @hp_momusu

I am even on the same page!

My baby was born just exactly 4 days before receiving PP Request.
I informed in the 1st week of Feb about the situation along with his birth certificate and also waited for their response.
I received a response to my web inquiry after receiving my COPR documents stating that I cannot use the old COPR papers and they are reopening my case again! I was also informed to submit some additional documents some forms, birth certificates, passport, medicals.
In recent days, I found 2 ghost updates in my portal.
Ghost Update#1 - My child's name is added into my dependents list.
Ghost Update#2 - not found any specific change in my portal/ received any email.
Any idea about how long will it take from here onwards ..?

May I know any update about your application? Have you got your new Copr and how long did it take?

Hi @MrSingh@1984 , i am in the same boat... May I know any update about your application? Have you got your new Copr and how long did it take? Thank you very much in advance!!

hp_momusu

Apr 1, 2019
Hi @MrSingh@1984 , sorry a quick question - seems like you did not have to resubmit a new medical. May I know how long has the new COPR been extended? Given that your previous expired on September 2019. Thank you in advance!