+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
nitinkalra99 said:
Hi qorax Sir,

Greetings!

Is it okay for a FSW PR first time entrant with Toronto as destination, to enter Quebec, the next day or within 1 week.

I mean landing in Toronto, with a Quebec job offer(before landing) and moving (to Quebec) the following day of entry or week.

I have been told that it can be called a crime by CIC and can have sever consequences. Is this correct.

If the right would be to avoid Quebec, then for how long, a year or more.

I would sincerely appreciate your reply.

With thanks and best regards
A subsequent transition to Quebec by a FSW newcomer is Ok.
Yes, u can, the very next day... no issues.
But leave your PR card processing as it is till u receive the cards [in another province].

Qorax

nitinkalra99

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
A subsequent transition to Quebec by a FSW newcomer is Ok.
Yes, u can, the very next day... no issues.
But leave your PR card processing as it is till u receive the cards [in another province].

Qorax
Thanks qurax sir!

I didn't get the PR card processing part, can you please rephrase it. I feel Service Canada(Quebec) shouldn't have any problem in accepting PR card application of a newly arrived FSW.

Many thanks in advance.

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
need suggestion qorax plzzzzzzzzzzzz

hi ,
i have graduated in bachelor degree in pharmacy in year 2006{India} . committed a big blunder as i registered as a pharmacist in 2010 .well i have been working as junior pharmacist from 2006 to 2010 . Don't have any problem showing my documents .curious to know if my experience would be counted as pharmacist .

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: need suggestion qorax plzzzzzzzzzzzz

siddharth_pharma84 said:
hi ,
i have graduated in bachelor degree in pharmacy in year 2006{India} . committed a big blunder as i registered as a pharmacist in 2010 .well i have been working as junior pharmacist from 2006 to 2010 . Don't have any problem showing my documents .curious to know if my experience would be counted as pharmacist .
Yes.

pharmimran

Jul 2, 2011

[hi every body,
i am from Pakistan, i have a question in the generic form i need to write the name of the immigration office that is repsonsible for the country of my nationality. what is confusing for me is that, previously London VISA office was processing applications fort Pakistani Applicants. what is the difference bw immigration office and visa office?????? what should i write in point 4 of my application form ????????
i am in hurry, i wish to apply asap
i will appreciate the reply

Regards

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
qorax said:
Hi YI,

My view point remains the same... if u don't have an AEO, if u don't have friends/relatives to fall back on, if u r not a businessman, if your funds position is as bad as mine -AVOID GOING TO VANCOUVER... in fact let me be as clear as a Jelly-fish can be -DON'T GO TO VANCOUVER.

Toronto should be your first Port of Call. As I said in the other thread, it has the 'largest' job basket. Go there initially, take a job, stay for sometime; and then once u get another [better] placement, move to wherever that 'job' takes u. Vancouver is a dreamland, yes; But not all dreams shall come thru in realty, u know that as well as I do.

Take my word for it, u'll be happier.
Sr. Member PMM will vouch for it.
In any case I wish u all the best !

Qorax
Hi Capt.
You mentioned this March last year. Will you still advise the same about landing in Vancouver
Does Toronto still have the largest job basket?

Thank you Capt. Much appreciated.

Androse

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Androse said:
Hi Capt.
You mentioned this March last year. Will you still advise the same about landing in Vancouver
Does Toronto still have the largest job basket?

Thank you Capt. Much appreciated.

Androse
I'd still advice that a newcomer [new immigrant] should not 'land' in Vancouver.
It is one of the costliest city of the world [not just Canada]... and u have more [higher] chances of your 'settlement funds' getting "depleted" sooner there than in the other cities of Canada. Vancouver should only be good for u if u have a pre-arranged 'job' -- note: not a 'starter/survival job'... 'coz, with minimum wage/s u cannot make a living there.

About Toronto...
It is something akin to Dubai [for the UAE], Durban [for South Africa], Bombay [for India (regrets I decline to call it "Mumbai" for personal reasons)], Shanghai [for China] & the like... a business & industrial hub -- thus, chances of fetching a job is higher here. However, many Torontonians [today] do not propagate this view... as they r upset with the heavy influx of newcomers here. But the fact remains that this is a place where u r likely to succeed better as a new immigrant.

Qorax

nitinkalra99

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

pharmimran said:
[hi every body,
i am from Pakistan, i have a question in the generic form i need to write the name of the immigration office that is repsonsible for the country of my nationality. what is confusing for me is that, previously London VISA office was processing applications fort Pakistani Applicants. what is the difference bw immigration office and visa office?????? what should i write in point 4 of my application form ????????
i am in hurry, i wish to apply asap
i will appreciate the reply

Regards
Write city, country, like if its for any Pakistani applicant, would be 'London, UK' (assuming London is the visa office).

Be sure to use the one given on CIC'c website. One applicant has already seen rejection by just missing city name.

Good Luck!

sara_m

Jul 28, 2011
hi
just to make sure i've understood everything...i have a CSQ for landing in quebec and im pregnant and want to give birth in canada so i believe can i land i alberta and perform all PR procedures and also immediately obtain the health insurance instead of waiting 3 months in quebec and having to pay the costs of delivery?
thanks

stanzeel

May 20, 2010
URGENT REPLY REQUIRED

Dear

InshallAH I am going to leave for canada AS FEDERAL SKILLED IMMIGRANT in the month of August. I am planning to fly from QATAR airways my FINAL destination in Canada is Calgary ALBERTA. The flight schedule is

QR319 Karachi (KHI) 06:10 Doha (DOH) 06:40

QR927 Doha (DOH) 08:30 Montreal (YUL)14:50

AC1177 Montreal (YUL) 17:50 Calgary (YYC) 20:19

Sir, I have come to know that a federal skilled worker can not land at Montreal when coming to Canada first time on his immigrant visa as Quebec (Montreal) has its independent program of immigration and they can't complete landing formalities of a federal skilled worker landing first time

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
stanzeel said:
URGENT REPLY REQUIRED

Dear

InshallAH I am going to leave for canada AS FEDERAL SKILLED IMMIGRANT in the month of August. I am planning to fly from QATAR airways my FINAL destination in Canada is Calgary ALBERTA. The flight schedule is

QR319 Karachi (KHI) 06:10 Doha (DOH) 06:40

QR927 Doha (DOH) 08:30 Montreal (YUL)14:50

AC1177 Montreal (YUL) 17:50 Calgary (YYC) 20:19

Sir, I have come to know that a federal skilled worker can not land at Montreal when coming to Canada first time on his immigrant visa as Quebec (Montreal) has its independent program of immigration and they can't complete landing formalities of a federal skilled worker landing first time
No, u can -- if u have a proof of onward journey... which u do have in this case.
Qorax

jeby

Jan 19, 2010
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
15-12-2009
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Passport Req..
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
Dear Qorax,

I have landed in Toronto last year (August 2010) and after 17 days returned to India. I have an address in Toronto, PR Card and SIN Card. Now I have got admission in Montreal for PG. Can I fly to Montreal directly from India, with the PR card? Do I need any other travel doc?

Thank you very much,
Jeby

khebra

Dec 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Qorax,
I'm landing to Calgary by September and i have small issue .
I dont have any friend in Calgary.. what address should i put in the immigration airport forms so that i can get my PR Cards? shall i put hotel address ? even if i will leave that hotel to move to a flat? can i tell the immigration officer to get the PR card from the airport as i dont have permanent address? please advice what i should do ?

because all know that i will stay for just few days in hotel then i will search for house so i cannot tell the officer what is my permanent address.

Appreciate any advice

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jeby said:
Dear Qorax,

I have landed in Toronto last year (August 2010) and after 17 days returned to India. I have an address in Toronto, PR Card and SIN Card. Now I have got admission in Montreal for PG. Can I fly to Montreal directly from India, with the PR card? Do I need any other travel doc?

Thank you very much,
Jeby
Yes, u can... only with the PRCs.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
khebra said:
Hi Qorax,
I'm landing to Calgary by September and i have small issue .
I dont have any friend in Calgary.. what address should i put in the immigration airport forms so that i can get my PR Cards? shall i put hotel address ? even if i will leave that hotel to move to a flat? can i tell the immigration officer to get the PR card from the airport as i dont have permanent address? please advice what i should do ?

because all know that i will stay for just few days in hotel then i will search for house so i cannot tell the officer what is my permanent address.

Appreciate any advice
1. Hotel/motel addresses r not acceptable.
2. Try & pre-book a 'short-stay accom'.
3. U can apply for the PR cards later -- once u have an address... it's just a matter of faxing the forms. U'd receive the fax No. from the BSO.

Qorax