+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
Hi Qorax,
What's you advice of this scenario please: am the principle applicant and about to submit my PR app. My intention is to start my MBA by July 2018 (should have d PR approved by nov 2017). But I plan to do landing with my family around Easter 2018 in Toronto as it doesn't require another transit. We will spend 2 weeks and return while i'll be back in July for the MBA. What town do you advise I select as intended residence and how do I handle the medical for us all?? Or your general advice on handling this??
Regards,

Dlink514

Sep 8, 2016
Hoping someone can give me the right answer. My wife got her perminenant residence visa for Ontario but would like to travel to montreal then take connecting flight to Toronto within 3 hours. Will she have any issues? Reason it's not a direct flight to toronto is cause she is travel with a another family that lives in montreal.

russellx

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2016 (re-meds)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
11-09-2017
Hoping someone can give me the right answer. My wife got her perminenant residence visa for Ontario but would like to travel to montreal then take connecting flight to Toronto within 3 hours. Will she have any issues? Reason it's not a direct flight to toronto is cause she is travel with a another family that lives in montreal.
You can.

Your landing formalities will be completed in Montreal.

All you need to show them is a ticket for your onward journey to Toronto.

It is not a problem.

Russ

Reactions: tobs

VTurugam

Jun 26, 2017
Hello All,

I have a question. It would be nice if someone can answer it.

I plan to do the landing in October 17, if everything goes well. POE mentions to have an address to be entered, for PR card. Since i would be living in a temporary address until i get a Job and then move to a more permanent address, i wasnt sure if i can give the temporary address? Or can i give a friend's address?

Any info would be great.

Thanks
V

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I have a question. It would be nice if someone can answer it.

I plan to do the landing in October 17, if everything goes well. POE mentions to have an address to be entered, for PR card. Since i would be living in a temporary address until i get a Job and then move to a more permanent address, i wasnt sure if i can give the temporary address? Or can i give a friend's address?

Any info would be great.

Thanks
V
I would go for the temporary if I'm going to stay there for up to 3 months.

Vision2017

Star Member
Jun 13, 2016
Category........
Other
Hello all, have a small query related to landing. Can we land in city other than one mentioned in COPR ,of same provience which nominated us? N.B. I am not changing provience but only city in that provience. Regards

Dlink514

Sep 8, 2016
Does anyone know. What is given at the airport in toronto to new comers? My wife landed in quebec and was given a book about Canada only where as my sister in law got a lot of resourceful information about language and health services because she will live in Quebec. Does my wife have to do anything for her PR card?

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Hi,

Our PR (FSW) got approved in July 2017 and we are planning to land in Canada in the third week of October 2017.

Although we mentioned POE as Vancouver (BC) in Express Entry application, but I haven't got a job in Vancouver yet (my husband will work from home). So we planned to land in Toronto, where there are more opportunities for Software Engineers. I hope landing in Toronto is not a problem.

However I am in talks with a Montreal (Quebec) Employer. I believe they are ready to release the offer letter and I confirmed that I can legally work anywhere in Canada (not sure if FSW can work in Quebec). I have no idea how and when to go to Montreal if I get the offer letter:

1. I can reschedule my tickets and change the destination to Montreal but seems like it is not recommended to land in Quebec for FSW applicants (based on first post). Should we land in Toronto first, complete the landing formalities and then take a train to Montreal?

2. If we cannot land directly in Montreal, then how much time do we need to stay in Toronto before leaving for Montreal? Do we need to wait for getting the PR card, SIN, Health Card etc. in Toronto and then go to Montreal? But I worry that employer may not be ready to wait as PR card takes almost 3 months.

3. However if direct landing in Montreal is allowed and recommended, what are the things we should take care of for smooth landing formalities?

Please help in answering the questions.

Best Regards
Sonal

Reactions: Canada18

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
Hi,

Our PR (FSW) got approved in July 2017 and we are planning to land in Canada in the third week of October 2017.

Although we mentioned POE as Vancouver (BC) in Express Entry application, but I haven't got a job in Vancouver yet (my husband will work from home). So we planned to land in Toronto, where there are more opportunities for Software Engineers. I hope landing in Toronto is not a problem.

However I am in talks with a Montreal (Quebec) Employer. I believe they are ready to release the offer letter and I confirmed that I can legally work anywhere in Canada (not sure if FSW can work in Quebec). I have no idea how and when to go to Montreal if I get the offer letter:

1. I can reschedule my tickets and change the destination to Montreal but seems like it is not recommended to land in Quebec for FSW applicants (based on first post). Should we land in Toronto first, complete the landing formalities and then take a train to Montreal?

2. If we cannot land directly in Montreal, then how much time do we need to stay in Toronto before leaving for Montreal? Do we need to wait for getting the PR card, SIN, Health Card etc. in Toronto and then go to Montreal? But I worry that employer may not be ready to wait as PR card takes almost 3 months.

3. However if direct landing in Montreal is allowed and recommended, what are the things we should take care of for smooth landing formalities?

Best Regards
Sonal
strickly........as per my understanding..........being FSW you can land anywhere..........but if you landin Quebac ...you have to show them your quebec selecion letter......which you don't have.............so you must land in toronto...................complete your landing formalities........PR can be mailed to any address within canada...(within province is not the requirement); you can leave tornonto immediately next week after getting SIN and applying for health card...and opening bank acct..... etc......

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Best Regards
Sonal
You need to give a PR card mailing address that is outside of Quebec or you may be denied landing. I would land in a province other than Quebec.

imborba

Aug 8, 2017
Is it possible to do the landing in a seaport? I have a cruise schedules to end in Vancouver, and if all goes well, I'm planning to do my landing there, in the harbour of Vancouver. Is this possible?