+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

rober326

Dec 25, 2011
qorax said:
U can land anywhere [except Quebec].
[/quote

Thanks qorax,

I have another problem. I am going to manitoba by march 2012 and my wife's relatives wants us to stay in vancouver for a week? Our point of entry is in vancouver. I have an arranged employment (aeo) and my employer allowed me to visit my wife's relatives. Will we have problems with the immigration officer at the point of entry? We are first time immigrants.

Regards,
Robert

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rober326 said:
qorax said:
U can land anywhere [except Quebec].
[/quote

Thanks qorax,

I have another problem. I am going to manitoba by march 2012 and my wife's relatives wants us to stay in vancouver for a week? Our point of entry is in vancouver. I have an arranged employment (aeo) and my employer allowed me to visit my wife's relatives. Will we have problems with the immigration officer at the point of entry? We are first time immigrants.
Regards,
Robert
No problem at all.

OMM

mrprice

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 7, 2007
LANDED..........
Nov 6, 2011
Hi

Did you go to Calgary through Montreal? Did you face any obstackes in the airports or in Montreal cuz you are landing in Montreal??

Hope you may help

stanzeel said:
URGENT REPLY REQUIRED

Dear

InshallAH I am going to leave for canada AS FEDERAL SKILLED IMMIGRANT in the month of August. I am planning to fly from QATAR airways my FINAL destination in Canada is Calgary ALBERTA. The flight schedule is

QR319 Karachi (KHI) 06:10 Doha (DOH) 06:40

QR927 Doha (DOH) 08:30 Montreal (YUL)14:50

AC1177 Montreal (YUL) 17:50 Calgary (YYC) 20:19

Sir, I have come to know that a federal skilled worker can not land at Montreal when coming to Canada first time on his immigrant visa as Quebec (Montreal) has its independent program of immigration and they can't complete landing formalities of a federal skilled worker landing first time

advanta1

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS & PCC sent with the application
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
PER on 26.10.11
IELTS Request
sent with the documents
File Transfer...
23-11-2011TRACK SHEET : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgthpG06V9k3dGE0Mldod0ljWTZjR25HZkpydDZ3QXc&hl=fil#gid=0
Med's Request
1-02-2012
Med's Done....
18-02-2012 Passport received by CHC: Thursday, February 23, 2012 @ 1515 Hrs
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-02-2012 received by CHC on February 23
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 22, 2012
LANDED..........
11 June 2012 Winnipeg

CEC2FSW

Feb 4, 2012
Hello qorax: I am currently work in Quebec and I may have an Arranged Employment Offer (AEO) from my current employer. Can I apply FSW? Thanks a lot!

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Guys,

Lots of us have got the visa/s lately [2010]. And we are now having some doubt about our 'choice of landing', after being on this great forum & having surfed enough reg. various Canadian cities. Thus, the question, "Should I Land in the City mentioned in my Application/COPR, or can go to another Canadian city"?

Please be Clarified that:
As a federal skilled worker, we can chose any POE in Canada & complete our landing formalities, regardless of the destination mentionned in our Apps or the COPR, except Quebec* [details below].

Canada's immigration laws provide for a 2 step process for our visa applications:
>Step-1. The CIC/CHCs carry out stage One (read our apps processing system).
>Step-2. Carried out by an Immigration Officer at the POE.

Reg. step-1, we are already familiar. This is how we get our PR Visas. For the step-2 (at POE) however, landing is our "Right". Though not an 'automatic right', we must still satisfy the officer at the POE that our entry is permissible: A12(1), called the 'Verification of PR', outlined in Sections 19(1) & (2) of the Act. But, another thing is also involved in this step-2, called 'Completion of the Record of Landing' for admission into Canada, which is obligatory.

For this "Record of Landing", 'admissibility' is not affected by our choice of POE. All it's needed is to fill up certain forms, specifically the PR Card form (IMM 5444E), wherein we have to provide an address for card delivery. This can be anywhere, beyond the POE. This is how newcomers with COPR destination as Montreal-Quebec drive thru the POE of Sarnia, Bluewater Bridge. There are many other examples, but for brevity I just chose one.

*There is only 'one' catch though. For Quebec, although any FSW would be allowed to enter thru a Quebec POE, they cannot complete the 'Record of Landing' here. And would have to further drive/fly to another province (any) to report to its Immigration Officer for the 'completion' of record of landing. This is because Quebec needs the CSQ certificate to complete this procedure. Which only is for a Quebec PR applicant. (however, it is not vice-versa... a Quebec PR applicant can do all the formalities in any other Canadian POE).

End Note: Anyone of us FSWs can land in any Canadian POE, irrespective of what's written in our apps or the COPR.

Hope that's of some help.
Qorax.
Dear Qorax,

I would like to confirm if we land at, say, Vancouver - can we give Toronto address for PR Card and SIN card???

Thanks a lot
T.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiarachel85 said:
Dear Qorax,

I would like to confirm if we land at, say, Vancouver - can we give Toronto address for PR Card and SIN card???

Also if we have ticket to toronto via montreal. Can we complete landing formalities in montreal itself??? And can we apply sin card in montreal before leaving for toronto?

Thanks a lot
T.

mrprice

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 7, 2007
LANDED..........
Nov 6, 2011
You may transit through Montreal, and complete the landing process there. I did the same before 3 weeks, no problem at all to land and finish your PR papers in Montreal Airport.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tiarachel85 said:
Dear Qorax,

Thanks a lot
T.
YES. If they ask [rarity] u could say that u r visiting friends in Vancouver & would move to Toronto in a few days.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tiarachel85 said:
Dear Qorax,

Also if we have ticket to toronto via montreal. Can we complete landing formalities in montreal itself??? And can we apply sin card in montreal before leaving for toronto?

Thanks a lot
T.
U'd be completing ur 'record of landing'@the 1st POE of Canada. So, u'd surely be doing ur 'landing'@Montreal, u have no choice in that. As with the SIN - no u can't. U r required to 'visit' a Service Canada office for the same - which'd be outside the a/port, in the city.

Qorax

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
U'd be completing ur 'record of landing' @ the 1st POE of Canada. So, u'd surely be doing ur 'landing' @ Montreal, u have no choice in that. As with the SIN - no u can't. U r required to 'visit' a Service Canada office for the same - which'd be outside the a/port, in the city.

Qorax
Thank you for replying Sir. Its very nice of you.

So do we have to collect our checkin luggage at 1st POE??? And is 2:10 hours of time between flights enough for completing landing formalities and collecting baggage if required???

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tiarachel85 said:
Thank you for replying Sir. Its very nice of you.

So do we have to collect our checkin luggage at 1st POE??? And is 2:10 hours of time between flights enough for completing landing formalities and collecting baggage if required???
If ur flight is booked thru-n-thru, ur luggage'd be automatically loaded into the next flight.

redindian22

Mar 22, 2010
Hi Friends,

It would be very helpful if information can be provided on the below.

We are travelling from UAE to complete our landing formalities and out travel plans are as below.Since we have a valid US B1/B2 visa ( tourist visa) we are planning to land in US , immediately fly to Canada on next flight & complete the landing formalities & come back to US for a short vacation before flying back to UAE.

Our plan is to land in Seattle, take an immediate flight to Calgary ( direct or via Vancouver) stay with my relatives for a day & complete the landing formalities before flying back to Seattle & stay for few days with my relatives before flying back to UAE.

I have some doubts

1.)When landing in US we will be filling an I94 form at immigration which will be stapled with our passport. Immediately after coming out we are taking a flight to Canada.Will this be a problem to travel to Canada the same day after arriving in US.

2.)We are planning to retain our I 94 form when travelling to Canada since we will be coming back to US in a day or two.So at the Port of landing in Canada ( Calgary) will this be a problem if the Canadian Authorities see a I 94 form stapled ? or can i take the I 94 form & keep separately & keep it back while i am coming back to US.

3.)In case if we are flying in from Seattle to vancouver to complete our landing process can i take a SIN card from vancouver & give the mailing address as Calgary since i dont have a mailing address in vancouver.

butetebetlog

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Chaos Throne
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 28, 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 18, 2011
Med's Request
Feb. 9, 2012 (dated Feb.1)
Med's Done....
Feb. 13, 2012
Interview........
Jan. 26, 2012
Passport Req..
Jun. 27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 09, 2012
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
HI!

Do new PRs have to "land" and use an airport on the first entry into Canada as immigrants ? What if land travel was used instead? For example, entering Canada from the US-Canada border in Washington state (considering the person has US a temporary resident visa) ?

Thanks!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
butetebetlog said:
HI!

Do new PRs have to "land" and use an airport on the first entry into Canada as immigrants ? What if land travel was used instead? For example, entering Canada from the US-Canada border in Washington state (considering the person has US a temporary resident visa) ?

Thanks!
U can 'land' using any POE [port of entry] - Air, Land or Sea.