+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doubt while filling up Visa application

ksv007

Mar 3, 2024
Hi everyone,

I am applying for a study permit visa, and as I am applying as a PhD student, I have a funding letter from my university. I have a doubt regarding the following section while filling out the visa application.

Are you:

- A recipient of a Commonwealth scholarship; or

- A recipient of a full bursary (covering all expenses) from the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), including Francophonie scholarships; or

- A participant in a Canadian aid program for developing countries?

Is this asking whether you have funding or financial support from the university? Please provide your suggestions.

Thank you!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am applying for a study permit visa, and as I am applying as a PhD student, I have a funding letter from my university. I have a doubt regarding the following section while filling out the visa application.

Are you:

- A recipient of a Commonwealth scholarship; or

- A recipient of a full bursary (covering all expenses) from the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), including Francophonie scholarships; or

- A participant in a Canadian aid program for developing countries?

Is this asking whether you have funding or financial support from the university? Please provide your suggestions.

Thank you!!
No it asking if you have any scholarships from those organizations in the three bullets.

Reactions: ksv007

ksv007

Mar 3, 2024
I have an additional question concerning the section on "Is work an essential component of your studies?"
What should I respond with, 'yes' or 'no'? My offer letter specifies that a Teaching Assistantship (TA) will be one of my funding resources, and they will appoint TAships during my studies. Does a TAship require a work permit as well?

SasaBasi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
I have an additional question concerning the section on "Is work an essential component of your studies?"
What should I respond with, 'yes' or 'no'? My offer letter specifies that a Teaching Assistantship (TA) will be one of my funding resources, and they will appoint TAships during my studies. Does a TAship require a work permit as well?
Please consult with your school international student advisor. They should be able to help

Reactions: ksv007