+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Double application

ramammad

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I have a situation. Both me and my wife are eligible for express entry. She gets 458 score and I get slightly lower because of age - 454. For us its more convenient if I am a primary applicant but sometime even a few extra points matter.

The question is, can we create two applications? Is it allowed?

Thanks!

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
ramammad said:
Hi everyone,

I have a situation. Both me and my wife are eligible for express entry. She gets 458 score and I get slightly lower because of age - 454. For us its more convenient if I am a primary applicant but sometime even a few extra points matter.

Thanks!
No harm in creating a separate EE profile for both. Since you both have a reasonably good score (>450 the last low for ITA), you both or probably the higher CRS shall get the ITA first in next few draws (most likely). Once either one of you or both gets it, you may choose to cancel the other depending on your choice or convenience.

deepaksood

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-10-2015
Passport Req..
15-12-2015
ramammad said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
[/quote

I was in the same situation and here is my suggestion. You create your profile first with 454 score and wait for next 1-2 draws. In parallel keep your second application ready (do not submit). If you get ITA on your profile, you dont even have to submit your wife's application. I got a mixed feedback on two applications. One thought was we should not create and second was we can create but in both apps, spouse should be marked as dependent. Logically i feel you can create but in your case you will get ITA with 454 positively.