+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dont wish to sponser spouse from pakistan: in big trouble : HELP !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Princess_123 - If you want to absolutely guarantee the application won't be approved then the only two real options available to you are to either not submit the application - or to send a letter afterwards canceling / withdrawing your sponsorship. If you cancel or withdraw, CIC will send a letter reflecting this - they won't say the application was refused.

Otherwise, no matter how badly you put together the application, there is always some small chance it will be approved. We have certainly seen applications approved here with minimal evidence - especially in cases where there is a tradition of arranged marriages and little to no prior contact between the husband and wife. Nikkah only weddings are sometimes approved.

So if you submit the application and don't cancel/withdraw - you are taking the chance it will be approved.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
That will not work. When I requested my GCMS notes for my "PR application" after landing, guess what? They sent me every single document that was part of my application by email. So yes, if her parents or the husband is able to get someone to request his GCMS notes, they will have a copy of everything she wrote. CIC has no reason to "hide" this from her husband because they are working under the assumption that they are a true couple who plan to spend the rest of their lives together.

steerpike said:
CIC will not contact your family. YOU will be the sponsor. CIC will only tell you and your spouse of the rejection. You can ask people on here who have been rejected what the letter was like and how detailed it was. It is possible to request CAIPS/ GCMS notes and that may show the reason for the rejection (or may not). But only you or your spouse can request that. And i think your spouse actually has to get someone in Canada to apply for him. So if your family is very smart and knows the system well they may be able to eventually find out that your letter was not sufficient to convince the VO the marriage was genuine. But GCMS notes are usually not very detailed. At best it will probably just say something like "not enough evidence included to prove genuineness" or something to that effect.

So you can write two letters. Include the real one with the application, but when your spouse gets the GCMS notes, you can show him the 2nd fake letter and tell him thats what you wrote in. I don't think CIC ever returns those original letters when an application fails. And even if they do they return it, it will be returned to you, because you are the sponsor. So as long as you are opening our own mail it won't be an issue.

Of course then your spouse will be left wondering what was wrong with the letter you wrote and why is CIC being so stupid. Just like 100 other people on here who have their applications rejected even tho they are true genuine couples. They have real difficulty getting true answers from CIC. I's not like CIC writes everyone a long detailed letter explaining everything they didn't like about the application.

The next step after rejection is appeal. But appeals take years to go thru. So you may end up having to sabotage an appeal, which is more difficult because appeals almost always win. The judges basically just rubber stamp everything unless there is some really serious reason not to. So how long will your family go on, will they fight thru years of appeals to make this happen?

I mean, even if, after 4 years you lose the appeal. Can't your parents make you sponsor him again? Start over from the beginning with a new application? Or will they give up after the first try? Are you willing to spend the next 5-10 years of your life fighting to keep this guy out of Canada without anyone ever knowing you are doing that?

inexplored

Star Member
Sep 6, 2012
I am sorry for being very straight forward, as edgehead78 mentioned that we have a freedom of speech here in Canada.

Reply to Princes_123: I am not quite convinced with your story. Please accept my apologies if I am wrong. However, I strongly believe there is much more to the story. Anyways, that's personal and I will leave that personal to yourself only. Coming to your post. Yes, you may file for sponsorship and in the course of your sponsorship you may portray bluntly and say that it is forceful marriage or may make another excuse down the road that may feel fit to you to walk out of your situation. Filling sponsorship just to get a NO will not only harm you in the future, but think about other fellow Pakistani's as well. It is case's like yours that has lead to cic taking it so seriously and has contributed in long delays for thousands of other deserving people. Who are not only serious but are waiting day and night to be united with their spouse's. So please solve your problem in a way that benefits you only and at the same time, doesn't buy us (Pakistani's) a bad name. Thanks

There are other forums where one can discuss their personal opinion about a culture or country etc etc. Kindly, it is a request to please do not come on this forum and give the entire country a blame based on one's limited view. You very much can have your views/opinions and be happy with it. But your views to someone's country are not welcomed here. Pakistan is a great country and it has plenty of good people and a portion of bad people as well. Which I have seen in most countries I have traveled around the world.

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-12-2014 Visa 23-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
amjad1002 said:
Who are you to tell my country send mafia,like this first dont start saying this kind of stuff other wise i can also tell much about your country and your nation got it.
This forum is for helping ppl its forum is not to mention wrong stuff for any one elc i hope you understand what i want to say.
You misunderstood me. I never said your country was sending mafia to Canada. I was replying to someone else saying he is not mentioning countries sending mafia in Canada, assuming there is.
That being said, I'm out of this thread because its getting nowhere. Good luck to the OP in her life.

Princess_123

May 24, 2014
scylla said:
Princess_123 - If you want to absolutely guarantee the application won't be approved then the only two real options available to you are to either not submit the application - or to send a letter afterwards canceling / withdrawing your sponsorship. If you cancel or withdraw, CIC will send a letter reflecting this - they won't say the application was refused.

Otherwise, no matter how badly you put together the application, there is always some small chance it will be approved. We have certainly seen applications approved here with minimal evidence - especially in cases where there is a tradition of arranged marriages and little to no prior contact between the husband and wife. Nikkah only weddings are sometimes approved.

So if you submit the application and don't cancel/withdraw - you are taking the chance it will be approved.
Thanks for your advice. Yeah your right there still will be a small chance of approval. But what if I don't even write a letter stating I'm not happy in this and just file a normal application , I don't even really have strong proof.. we rarely call eachother there aren't any phone bills on my side that I've called, only phone bills from pakistan on his side and it's not an every day thing. The rest is just sometimes on viber, or whatsaoppp chat logs. I think even my option c printout or Canada revenue as listed me as single still. We didn't know eachother at all before the wedding was planned only talked a few times. The timeline isn't too strong either.. as far as I believe but as you said even applications with minimal evidence might get accepted. But what are the chances like? Other thing is, won't they take more time in assessing an application like this? Just curious about that.

Princess_123

May 24, 2014
steerpike said:
A nikkah only wedding where the couple haven't spent any time together is not a genuwine marriage as far as CIC is concerned. All couples, including married couples of all nationalities need to prove their relationship is real, not just provide a marriage document. She even said the reception was faked. If she submits any photos from that fake ceremony she will be committing misrepresentation.

On the applicatipon, there is a specific question that asks the sponsor and applicant to describe HOW and WHY their marriage is genuwine.

The only way the OP can have a successful application is to LIE on that form. If she tells the TRUTH the CIC will see the marriage as a MoC and the application will be denied.

I, personally, can not recommend the applicant committ missrepresentation. I won't do that.

I would also ask that others consider not advising the OP committ misrepresentation. Her spouse can only enter Canada if the OP committs two acts of misrepresentation. Think about that before you recommend she continue with this lie.
I heard that nikkah only cases are being accepted still. Yes we portrayed a "ruksati rasam" only for pictures. But I didn't have a real ruksati. Then left one day after. And I didn't meet him before the nikkah happened. Only once or twice. So isn't that a very weak application itself? Without having to do anything further? Or are there still good chances that can go through?

Princess_123

May 24, 2014
steerpike said:
CIC will not contact your family. YOU will be the sponsor. CIC will only tell you and your spouse of the rejection. You can ask people on here who have been rejected what the letter was like and how detailed it was. It is possible to request CAIPS/ GCMS notes and that may show the reason for the rejection (or may not). But only you or your spouse can request that. And i think your spouse actually has to get someone in Canada to apply for him. So if your family is very smart and knows the system well they may be able to eventually find out that your letter was not sufficient to convince the VO the marriage was genuine. But GCMS notes are usually not very detailed. At best it will probably just say something like "not enough evidence included to prove genuineness" or something to that effect.

So you can write two letters. Include the real one with the application, but when your spouse gets the GCMS notes, you can show him the 2nd fake letter and tell him thats what you wrote in. I don't think CIC ever returns those original letters when an application fails. And even if they do they return it, it will be returned to you, because you are the sponsor. So as long as you are opening our own mail it won't be an issue.

Of course then your spouse will be left wondering what was wrong with the letter you wrote and why is CIC being so stupid. Just like 100 other people on here who have their applications rejected even tho they are true genuine couples. They have real difficulty getting true answers from CIC. I's not like CIC writes everyone a long detailed letter explaining everything they didn't like about the application.

The next step after rejection is appeal. But appeals take years to go thru. So you may end up having to sabotage an appeal, which is more difficult because appeals almost always win. The judges basically just rubber stamp everything unless there is some really serious reason not to. So how long will your family go on, will they fight thru years of appeals to make this happen?

I mean, even if, after 4 years you lose the appeal. Can't your parents make you sponsor him again? Start over from the beginning with a new application? Or will they give up after the first try? Are you willing to spend the next 5-10 years of your life fighting to keep this guy out of Canada without anyone ever knowing you are doing that?
It takes a while for appeals to go through? I personally don't think my parents, my spouse and his parents would even wait that long, especially my spouse, he already had a problem waiting 32 months for the processing time, so I don't think he's gonna stick around longer than that.. especially when he knows I'm not too happy in this. I think they'll end it right there instead of prolonging it with the appeal and stuff. But are you sure that that information isn't told explicitly? The reason for thier denial because someone else just posted that they might state that visa denied cause sponser raised issues about the genuineness of the marriage or something like that, which will put me in trouble.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Princess_123 said:
I heard that nikkah only cases are being accepted still. Yes we portrayed a "ruksati rasam" only for pictures. But I didn't have a real ruksati. Then left one day after. And I didn't meet him before the nikkah happened. Only once or twice. So isn't that a very weak application itself? Without having to do anything further? Or are there still good chances that can go through?
You must be really dumb.

You still want to mail an application and waste money ? Plus you want to waste CIC's time ? Be accused of misrepresentation by submitting false application when you know its not real/genuine ? I hope you waste your money and then get charged!

Just end the damn marriage. Sooner or later the guy and his family will eventually get off the honor-wagon and bugger off.
It is a male-dominated society there. Nothing happens to the guy's honor. They will surely find another bride for him.

Seriously please grow up. End it. Then you can deal with your parents, and that guy can find a new bride. Leave CIC out of your issues.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canvis2006 said:
You must be really dumb.

You still want to mail an application and waste money ? Plus you want to waste CIC's time ? Be accused of misrepresentation by submitting false application when you know its not real/genuine ? I hope you waste your money and then get charged!

Just end the damn marriage. Sooner or later the guy and his family will eventually get off the honor-wagon and bugger off.
It is a male-dominated society there. Nothing happens to the guy's honor. They will surely find another bride for him.

Seriously please grow up. End it. Then you can deal with your parents, and that guy can find a new bride. Leave CIC out of your issues.
The OP would be refunded the full amount minus the 75 dollars non refundable application fee, if she decided to cancel the application after the fact. She would have to deal with the hassle in trying to get the money back somehow. It is not really a waste of money except the 75 dollars.

It does take CIC's waste of time and should not use CIC to initially satisfy the parents and all. But CIC doesn't care about her issues. As long as she cancel the application before landing, CIC would not care what's the reasoning is behind it even if she using CIC for personal ways to fake the process.

Regardless, the husband is going to know about it. When CIC officially cancel the application at OP's request down the road, CIC will inform the husband about it. She can't avoid it.

I have had people in my list that got informed from CIC that their PR application was withdrawn and considered the matter closed. End of PR process, end of story.

Screech339

Princess_123

May 24, 2014
JMOBhatti said:
As Salam O Alaikum,

I have feelings of pity and rage for you; and I beg your pardon for that.

After going through your issue, I have realized that the issue is not that you dont like the guy you are married to but you like some one else- other than him. I might be totally wrong for making this assumption- with out any right of doing so; sorry for being judgmental.

Please do note that two wrongs does not makes right. No one in the forum - including me, can be as sincere and well wisher to you as your parents; especially your mother. And if you really wants an escape out of this issue, you can absolutely resolve it by your self because "where there is a will, there is a way". Discuss with your mother not in confrontational tone/mood but in a submissive and humble mood. Do let them realize that you do care for their honor, prestige and say in the family - and there is every reason for that to be - but if they want to slaughter your joys, your pleasure and your dreams; you will bow you head. I believe and rest assure that no mother {unless its some step mother} can see his/her kids in grief by any mean.

And please note that Nikkah is not just nikkah. Its beloved Sunnah of prophet SAW. It need not to be documented until recently because our ancestors were man of principals and man of words while people of our age; including you and me, had taken it lightly which made it necessary to put forward the Nikkah in written.

Last but not least, if you submit the application to CIC supporting your relation to be genuine, have you ever thought what your personal standing will be in yours, your parents, your country mates and CIC's eyes when you will later say it as a fraudulent relation - nullifying your own words? Though every application is assessed on individual bases but Do you have an idea that it will/may initiate a doubtful look for future applicants; making the process even tightened for genuine relations as well. Briefly, it will be harming other applicants as you might have noticed from the comments of few colleagues. Different people have also got a chance to criticize the culture of mother land with out knowing the rituals well.

I am not sure about your being practical Muslim or not; otherwise you may consider Istakhara and proceed for Khulla in worse case scenario.

I regret if any of my word sound unpleasant or against yours/thinking of others.

Best Regards
----------------------------------------------------------
""You know the rules of the world. If you breaks them, its not only you who hurts but others also""
Thankyou for being so honest and giving your opinion. I can tell you that your absolutely right about everything except that I like another person. You have misjudged be about that but that's okay. I don't like any other person. Your advice for talking to my parents in that way I have already tried many times and they did not agree. They told me I'm in this and now I have to stay in it whether I like it or not and compromise. I do believe in the sunnah of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w) and I am extremely upset and ashamed that this is the way a nikkah is being handled. I never imagined that when I thought of a nikkah or marriage. but unfortunately my circumstances just became that way that left me no choice but to come to this.
I completely agree with you and understand that not only will this effect me, my spouse and our families but it will effect every other pakistan who goes through the immigration process and I'm not happy about that. I would never want to harm others, and ruin things for others. But I'm honestly so helpless, I have no idea what else I can do... I believe this application getting denied like other applications get denied, maybe even without talking about any fraudulent marraige or stating my situation in a letter, by just sending a weak application the way mine is without good proof will save a lot from happening afterwards. Because after it'll be too late, and will harm everyone ten times more where as if it's denied now and comes to end, it's not too late to recover from it. I do believe in the sunnah of the Prophet and I will definitely turn to istikara like you have suggested if it comes down to it. Thankyou for your advice, I really appreciate it!

Princess_123

May 24, 2014
canvis2006 said:
You must be really dumb.

I really don't care about money at this point, but yes I would feel sorry for wasting cic's time. If it was so easy, I would have done it like I said. And I did try to do it. But I have NO right apparently to end this, I've been told I need to be in this now no matter what. Yes it's a male dominated society there, nothing will happen to him, he'll find another. We all know that. But for the girls family, you should know what happens when a marriage is broken in a pakistan society, and if I'm the one who breaks this, it's an issue of family honour for my family and relationships that will be ruined to whoever is connected in this marraige. My parents have said they won't tolerate that, and I'm in this no matter what now. If it was so easy to end this, I would have done it, I wouldn't be looking for the only ways that can end this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Princess_123 said:
Thanks for your advice. Yeah your right there still will be a small chance of approval. But what if I don't even write a letter stating I'm not happy in this and just file a normal application , I don't even really have strong proof.. we rarely call eachother there aren't any phone bills on my side that I've called, only phone bills from pakistan on his side and it's not an every day thing. The rest is just sometimes on viber, or whatsaoppp chat logs. I think even my option c printout or Canada revenue as listed me as single still. We didn't know eachother at all before the wedding was planned only talked a few times. The timeline isn't too strong either.. as far as I believe but as you said even applications with minimal evidence might get accepted. But what are the chances like? Other thing is, won't they take more time in assessing an application like this? Just curious about that.
No one can tell you what your chances are or how long it will take. All of that really depends on the immigration officer who reviews your file. I'm just saying that you shouldn't assume the application will be refused due to minimal evidence.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Princess_123 said:
I really don't care about money at this point, but yes I would feel sorry for wasting cic's time. If it was so easy, I would have done it like I said. And I did try to do it. But I have NO right apparently to end this, I've been told I need to be in this now no matter what. Yes it's a male dominated society there, nothing will happen to him, he'll find another. We all know that. But for the girls family, you should know what happens when a marriage is broken in a pakistan society, and if I'm the one who breaks this, it's an issue of family honour for my family and relationships that will be ruined to whoever is connected in this marraige. My parents have said they won't tolerate that, and I'm in this no matter what now. If it was so easy to end this, I would have done it, I wouldn't be looking for the only ways that can end this.
As for the "NO" right to end the PR sponsorship is complete bull. You have every right as a sponsor to cancel the PR application at any stage of the PR process even right up to day before husband land. But that would be cutting it too close for comfort time to cancel. But point being is that you have every right to cancel the process at any stage of the process. Just a phone call away.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Princess_123 said:
But I have NO right apparently to end this, I've been told I need to be in this now no matter what.
You have every right to end this. But ending it means making some very difficult decisions and doing things that will upset your family.

Again, you have every right to end this.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you do know the saying - "you try to please everyone and you end up pleasing no one". so as i see it, you have two choices.

1. Be strong with your parents and tell them the whole truth. Don't be bothered with their feelings at this point. If you want your freedom in this situation, you have to end up hurting some feelings.

2. Be the good wife and daughter as everyone back home expects you to be and get on with your life.

stop trying to get the easy way out because there isn't one. you are just making it worse. so stop wasting your time, your parents' time, your husband's time and more specially Canadian Immigration's time.