+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

dont understand the processing times listed

pred8er

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
Hi Guys,

We submmited an application for Spousal sponsership inland to vegreville last week.

It says the processing times are:

February 15, 2009 - 6 months

Does this mean 6months before they even look at the application or 6 months to get that first stage approval?

thanks

soldier123

May 6, 2009
yep, Currently it is taking 6 months to they open your file and decide if your sponsor is eligible, at same time they check your PR forms
and decides if you should get the AIP or not. Getting the AIP .. some cases takes 2-3 months to do the landing and order your Pr card. In the worst case, If your file is transferred to local office without AIP.. then it is a long road ..depending of the office.. some takes 12 months.. others 24 to review your file again. Cheer up, yesterday the timeline was 6-7 months. :)

pred8er

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
thanks for the information!

well i just hope it does not get transferred to the local office for any reason. I have been in Canada on work permits for the last 5 years or so and have been married to a Canadian for 2 years but havent applied till now. Hopefully that sort of thing doesnt make them transfer to the local office!

thanks again!

madzibaba

May 20, 2009
you will be ok , to my understanding there is no reason to send the file to the local office if you have included all evidence ( overwhelming stuff) that the relationship is bona fide there will be no reason to further delay it by sending it to the local office ..stay strong...I am finishing my researcg as I will be submitting my application soon

soldier123

May 6, 2009
pred8er said:
thanks for the information!

well i just hope it does not get transferred to the local office for any reason. I have been in Canada on work permits for the last 5 years or so and have been married to a Canadian for 2 years but havent applied till now. Hopefully that sort of thing doesnt make them transfer to the local office!

thanks again!
you're welcome. they transfer files only if they think the relationship is suspicious or if you have any
criminal past. I think you are fine. Don't worry. Good Luck and Take care.