+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

done with interview but......... need help pleaseeeeeeeeee urgent

vijay_sam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Hi all

I was called for interview last week in Newyork, Buffalo everything went smooth but they asked me for 10 month bank statement. I am from India but presently staying in US. Problem is that there is money with me now since my wife won a lottery for 10000 dollars and also our car got totaled and we got another 5000 dollars and hence I have required money to show them with proofs but the problem with my bank statements are pretty weak in US. Earlier I have borrowed money from my friends and showed money in US bank, I have some money in India. Can I also show the bank statement from India and also my wife has gold worth of 10,000 USD can I show that as proof. can someone please guide me in this aspect pleasssssssssssse

Thanks
Vijay

waitingintz

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
24-08-2010
Med's Done....
22-06-2010
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
19-5-2011 (hopefully!)
Did they explain why they wanted the bank statements? Or in what context was it requested?

I am assuming you are applying through a class that has an income requirement? I wasn't aware that the applicant had to demonstrate income in any family class applications... just the sponsor.

It sounds as though you borrowed money from a friend and put it into an account in the US and then submitted documents showing that it is your money. I am not an expert on this but if they are asking for 10 months of statements I would think they might have discovered that you were dishonest in your evidence submission. You can definitely submit bank statements from India but if they've caught you out on false statements on the US accounts you're probably in trouble... and if they didn't, you better make sure you are submitting genuine account details from India.