+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Done my landing...Those that already have PR card...How long to wait?

kipling122

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
IELTS Request
sent with initial application
Med's Request
16-09-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct 23
VISA ISSUED...
nov 4
LANDED..........
dec 4
i landed on dec 4th and haven't received my PR card yet. Called CIC on friday, agent said its at the last stage of processing when they are actually making the card and at this time they cant tell how long will it take to mail out the card...i hope i ll receive it this week or next week, have to plan a travel

Natalka86

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
I am looking for someone who actually traveled before getting PR card. There were similar questions asked in this thread, but no clear answers were given.
So, listen carefully as mine is complicated ???:
TASK: I plan to land sometime in early March and I have to travel home-firm-in the end of April. Which means- obviously- there will be no PR card then (current waiting time is 59 days).
CURRENT SITUATION: I have work permit and TRV valid till July 1, 2014. My planned return date is before that date.
HOW I SEE MY OPTIONS:
1) Land asap and return to Canada on my current TRV
2) Land on a way back (wasting lots of time when I could have card already)
3) Applying for temporary travel document at home as well as getting the PR card through FedEx- are last resort options, I do not really consider them

Now, there is this forum member who shared his experience on landing. The officer told him that obtaining immigration visa DOES NOT cancel all other visas. In discussion some people tried to argue it in this thread, but noone could prove their side, cos there is no clear rule about either (I checked OP manuals, didn't find anything about what happens with pre-existing visas).
This is whole key question in my situation. When I land, does officer cross all existing Canadian visas or just immigration one with one entry? Me and people who must travel before PR card will appreciate the answer very much

carinamacdonald

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
skilled worker, forgot the code
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan,2013
Doc's Request.
police report requested Aug20,2013
Nomination.....
March,2013
AOR Received.
April08,2013
IELTS Request
not requested
Med's Request
June03,2013
Med's Done....
July 03,2013
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
JAN 30TH
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
landed since 2007
i m on the same boat.i m waiting for my passport to come back this week from ottawa, my work permit is valid till July. but i m leaving the country for 1 week in March.
i think i m going to take route 1. land ASAP and come back to canada with my work permit because it is valid till July 2014, i dont see why they would cancel that, its a government issued permit, cant just be cancelled without firm notice.
Natalka86 said:
I am looking for someone who actually traveled before getting PR card. There were similar questions asked in this thread, but no clear answers were given.
TASK: I plan to land sometime in early March and I have to travel home-firm-in the end of April. Which means- obviously- there will be no PR card then (current waiting time is 59 days).
CURRENT SITUATION: I have work permit and TRV valid till July 1, 2014. My planned return date is before that date.
HOW I SEE MY OPTIONS:
3) Applying for temporary travel document at home as well as getting the PR card through FedEx- are last resort options, I do not really consider them

Now, there is this forum member who shared his experience on landing. The officer told him that obtaining immigration visa DOES NOT cancel all other visas. In discussion some people tried to argue it in this thread, but noone could prove their side, cos there is no clear rule about either (I checked OP manuals, didn't find anything about what happens with pre-existing visas).
This is whole key question in my situation. When I land, does officer cross all existing Canadian visas or just immigration one with one entry? Me and people who must travel before PR card will appreciate the answer very much

kipling122

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
16-09-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct 23
VISA ISSUED...
nov 4
LANDED..........
dec 4
got my pr card today in the mail. called cic on friday they said it was at last stage of processing... thanks to the Almighty

Soon-hopefully-s000n

Aug 16, 2013
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Cpp Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-07-2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF: 18-06-2013
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
In Process: 21-08-2013
Med's Request
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012
Interview........
Decision made: 24-10-2013
Passport Req..
Never (Sent passport on my own 15-11-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
2-12-2013 (got my passport back 4-12-2013)
LANDED..........
06-01-2014 - Montreal CIC office
Natalka86 said:
HOW I SEE MY OPTIONS:

When you do your landing, the immigration officer takes away all your old permits and whatever temporary immigration documents you had.
Your best bet would be number 3. Do your landing ASAP and have the card sent to you by fedex or any of those. If you land in early march, there's a slim chance you might get your card before you leave. Even with CIC's published processing times, there's a lot of people if got it in 45 days.

May I ask you why do you plan to land in early march? Is there's a specific reason or you believe by March you will have your COPR.

Ps: landing on your way back is not a bad idea as well, and it's only 2 month difference.

Soon-hopefully-s000n

Aug 16, 2013
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Cpp Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-07-2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF: 18-06-2013
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
In Process: 21-08-2013
Med's Request
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012
Interview........
Decision made: 24-10-2013
Passport Req..
Never (Sent passport on my own 15-11-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
2-12-2013 (got my passport back 4-12-2013)
LANDED..........
06-01-2014 - Montreal CIC office
carinamacdonald said:
i m on the same boat.i m waiting for my passport to come back this week from ottawa, my work permit is valid till July. but i m leaving the country for 1 week in March.
i think i m going to take route 1. land ASAP and come back to canada with my work permit because it is valid till July 2014, i dont see why they would cancel that, its a government issued permit, cant just be cancelled without firm notice.
When you do your landing, the immigration officer takes all the old permits and any temporary immigration document you had.

kipling122

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
16-09-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct 23
VISA ISSUED...
nov 4
LANDED..........
dec 4
Soon-hopefully-s000n said:
When you do your landing, the immigration officer takes all the old permits and any temporary immigration document you had.
not necessarily. the IO didn't even ask for any permits when i went for landing. he just asked for passport n cpr. even on this forum, most of the people who wrote abput their landing experiences, IO dint ask for the permits. So I guess it varies from officer to officer.

carinamacdonald

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan,2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
March,2013
AOR Received.
April08,2013
IELTS Request
not requested
Med's Request
June03,2013
Med's Done....
July 03,2013
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
JAN 30TH
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
landed since 2007
so what should i do ? i will have my passport back this week, i m travelling out of canada in march for 1 week, should i wait till then to land ? i just wanna get things done, thats why i thought i should land this month. would i have problem coming back ?

kipling122 said:
not necessarily. the IO didn't even ask for any permits when i went for landing. he just asked for passport n cpr. even on this forum, most of the people who wrote abput their landing experiences, IO dint ask for the permits. So I guess it varies from officer to officer.

kipling122

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
16-09-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct 23
VISA ISSUED...
nov 4
LANDED..........
dec 4
carinamacdonald said:
so what should i do ? i will have my passport back this week, i m travelling out of canada in march for 1 week, should i wait till then to land ? i just wanna get things done, thats why i thought i should land this month. would i have problem coming back ?
where r u going? do u have US visa?

carinamacdonald

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan,2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
March,2013
AOR Received.
April08,2013
IELTS Request
not requested
Med's Request
June03,2013
Med's Done....
July 03,2013
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
JAN 30TH
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
landed since 2007
i m going to Dominican for vacation, you only need valid Canadian VISA, which my entry visa and work permit are good till July. So if like what they said they would take my old visa at the boarder if i choose to land this month, i couldnt come home without my PR card in March then :'( i m confused

kipling122 said:
where r u going? do u have US visa?

kipling122

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
16-09-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct 23
VISA ISSUED...
nov 4
LANDED..........
dec 4
carinamacdonald said:
i m going to Dominican for vacation, you only need valid Canadian VISA, which my entry visa and work permit are good till July. So if like what they said they would take my old visa at the boarder if i choose to land this month, i couldnt come home without my PR card in March then :'( i m confused
I asked you about US visa because you can come back to canada via usa by a personal vehicle. you can use your landing paper for that. What I can suggest is to call CIC and ask them what are your options. when you will get your passport from immigration, you will have single entry immigrant visa on it. go to dominican on your work visa and take all the stuff you need for your landing. and when you are coming back, you anyways have your songle entry immigrant visa to come back to canada. and on the airport you can complete your landing as well.

carinamacdonald

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan,2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
March,2013
AOR Received.
April08,2013
IELTS Request
not requested
Med's Request
June03,2013
Med's Done....
July 03,2013
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
JAN 30TH
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
landed since 2007
thank you ! i just called canada border service, they said that they dont answer this kind of questions, and asked me to call CIC, i m on hold now, i just wanna be sure that i can do the landing paperwork at halifax airport when i come back.

kipling122 said:
I asked you about US visa because you can come back to canada via usa by a personal vehicle. you can use your landing paper for that. What I can suggest is to call CIC and ask them what are your options. when you will get your passport from immigration, you will have single entry immigrant visa on it. go to dominican on your work visa and take all the stuff you need for your landing. and when you are coming back, you anyways have your songle entry immigrant visa to come back to canada. and on the airport you can complete your landing as well.

kipling122

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
16-09-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct 23
VISA ISSUED...
nov 4
LANDED..........
dec 4
carinamacdonald said:
thank you ! i just called canada border service, they said that they dont answer this kind of questions, and asked me to call CIC, i m on hold now, i just wanna be sure that i can do the landing paperwork at halifax airport when i come back.
i think u can. landing is basically going out of canada and then coming back as a landed immigrant. you should be ok. good you are talking to CIC about it

carinamacdonald

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan,2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
March,2013
AOR Received.
April08,2013
IELTS Request
not requested
Med's Request
June03,2013
Med's Done....
July 03,2013
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
JAN 30TH
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
landed since 2007
CIC told me that there is no guarantee that i m able to re-enter canada on my way back , its totally up to the officer at customs. well, i guess thats helpful lol
kipling122 said:
i think u can. landing is basically going out of canada and then coming back as a landed immigrant. you should be ok. good you are talking to CIC about it

kipling122

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
16-09-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct 23
VISA ISSUED...
nov 4
LANDED..........
dec 4
lol true. they r crazy. u can do sm research on this forum as well but experiences differ with different IOs