+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Don’t want to claim Spouse points in Express Entry profile..

prateek22

Nov 4, 2017
Dear friends,

I have one question. Is there any other member who had similar problem??
I have not done ECA for my spouse since i don't want to claim points for her education in express entry profile.
However I want to give true information to CIC about her education but problem is if i add her bachelors and master's degree in education field I expect CIC will ask for her both degree certificate(Master and bachelor) once i would get ITA even though we didn't provide ECA and she doesn't have it with her. And if i don't provide her education information to CIC then i believe this is kind of giving false information to CIC regarding her education.

Can you guys please suggest me whether should i mention her education in express entry profile or not since i don't have her degrees

PS : I don't need her education point since i have more than enough point without it

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Dear friends,

I have not done ECA for my spouse since i don't want to claim points for her education while creating express entry profile.
However I want to give true information to CIC about her education but problem is if i add her bachelors and master's degree in education field I except CIC will ask for her both degree certificate(Master and bachelor) once i would get ITA even though we didn't provide ECA and she doesn't have it with her. And if i don't provide her education information to CIC then i believe this is kind of giving false information to CIC regarding her education.

Can you guys please suggest me whether should i mention her education in express entry profile or not since i don't have her degrees

PS : I don't need her education point since i have more than enough point without it

put them in her personal history after you get ITA

Reactions: prateek22

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
put them in her personal history after you get ITA
Yeah that's a good work around and also you are not providing any misinformation.

Reactions: prateek22

karunachacko

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Dear friends,

I have not done ECA for my spouse since i don't want to claim points for her education in express entry profile.
However I want to give true information to CIC about her education but problem is if i add her bachelors and master's degree in education field I expect CIC will ask for her both degree certificate(Master and bachelor) once i would get ITA even though we didn't provide ECA and she doesn't have it with her. And if i don't provide her education information to CIC then i believe this is kind of giving false information to CIC regarding her education.

I have a similar situation. How did you tackle your situation?

ramya priya

Jan 19, 2019
Dear friends,

Hi.. did it work out, placing details in Personal history?

esssuri

Aug 5, 2018
I did the same thing. You can declare her education and when selecting the ECA, let them know that it is not done and you won't get any points. I got the PR in 3 months only without any issues.

Reactions: VSSRKrishna

ramya priya

Jan 19, 2019
I did the same thing. You can declare her education and when selecting the ECA, let them know that it is not done and you won't get any points. I got the PR in 3 months only without any issues.
Hi, so you are saying "Has X finished high school or any higher education" this as 'Yes' but ECA as 'No'? or "Has X finished high school or any higher education" as 'No'?

In my situation, spouse does not have Bachelor degree certificate but only has Provisional and Semester marksheets

ramya priya

Jan 19, 2019
Thanks for the reply.. But In my situation, spouse does not have Bachelor degree certificate, so if I select "Yes" I may have to submit "Bachelor certificate". This could be an issue?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Thanks for the reply.. But In my situation, spouse does not have Bachelor degree certificate, so if I select "Yes" I may have to submit "Bachelor certificate". This could be an issue?
In the profile, answer it this way. In the actual PR application, move the education to 'personal details' and no certificate will be needed.

Reactions: ramya priya

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Are you filing out the EE profile or PR application after receiving ITA?

If in EE profile "Has X finished high school or any higher education" this as 'Yes' but ECA as 'No'?

Later, after your receive ITA, answer it in the same manner. But, don't include it in the education history section of the application and move it to personal details. It will be pretty straightforward to do after your start filling out your PR application.

ramya priya

Jan 19, 2019
Are you filing out the EE profile or PR application after receiving ITA?

If in EE profile "Has X finished high school or any higher education" this as 'Yes' but ECA as 'No'?

Later, after your receive ITA, answer it in the same manner. But, don't include it in the education history section of the application and move it to personal details. It will be pretty straightforward to do after your start filling out your PR application.
But if I mention it as "Yes" and ECA as NO in EE application, there will be a section for my Education documents in the ITA docs and I will be asked to produce documents for Education right?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
In the PR application (not EE profile), if there is any education included in the 'education history' section then a certificate will be required. If the education is included in the 'personal history' section, then certificate will not be required.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
I cannot access the facebook link. But simply speaking you must include each and every personal detail at some place in the PR application that you fill after receiving ITA. (EE profile is irrelevant). If the personal detail is in the work history or education history section, documentation must be provided for those items. If the detail is in personal history section, then no documentation need to be provided. Items in the personal history section will not count towards calculation of CRS points or eligibility points specific to your program.