+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Don’t want to claim Spouse points in Express Entry profile..

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Hi there...I may see some confusion here... When you have your spouse applying with you as co applicant 40 points automatically goes towards her from your share. If you do not want to use your spouse's points then at the end you will end up loosing the points in your overall CRS Score. Your education points will have a maximum cut off score. Which means even if you decide not to claim your spouse's points it will not help you get more points...In a joint application Primary applicant has their points and Spouse have their points. Completely separate and one does not out weight the other. They together combines gives you the overall CRS score. I hope that helps your cause.

Reactions: sukhchain7003

Ngan Le

Dec 3, 2021
Hi, I have similar situation that I included my partner’s high school completion under Education History since I have her Diploma and Transcript. However, she is still in university now and hasnt finished the study yet therefore I wont be able to have her ”final transcript” and degree for that. So should i just dont include the University part under Education History but adding it to “Personal Activity” instead because I don’t need any points for her Education too. I got more than enough points and I got ITA already.

Thank you for helpinggg !!