Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Re: Don't want to claim Spouse points in Express Entry profile

AgentC said:
Only by not applying for her PR at this point, I can actually give a boost to score by close to 12-18 points
All the extra headache (another PR application) for 12 extra points? Have you not noticed how the score threshhold has been dropping?

(as I am not ready with her ECA/IELTS)
You can add those later

franixsouq

Jun 20, 2014
I got 600 points after PNP and received ITA.

Problem im facing is that at the beginning of creating profile i claimed points for my spouse , i received 8 points for education. the ITA i received have points grid which contain 8 points for spouse education.

as i have 900+ points i don't want to claim spouse 8 points as i don't have much time to go for Spouse ECA.

what should i do ??

Please help

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
franixsouq said:

Problem im facing is that at the beginning of creating profile i claimed points for my spouse , i received 8 points for education. the ITA i received have points grid which contain 8 points for spouse education.

as i have 900+ points i don't want to claim spouse 8 points as i don't have much time to go for Spouse ECA.

what should i do ??

Please help
Remove spouse educational details in post ITA application.

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
franixsouq said:

what should i do ??

Please help
How did the system award you 8 points for your wife's education without having ECA?

DEZIA

Feb 6, 2016
Hi NHK,
I wonder what happened after your application. I have the same question in my mind. Did you include your spouse. I f you did not and got ITA what happened at the end? Thank you.

Aninda

Mar 22, 2015

JB1234 said:
I have the same case, I did not include my wife in my application. I got ITA.They asked me the reason for why my spouse is not accompanying me and I told them honestly. I got points without my spouse but in any case you will need to provide your spouse certificates etc because CIC knows that she will be coming with you in the future. They are not stupid, you will only get away with ECA and IELTS. Rest docs you will have to provide.

-jb1234
Did you and your wife get PR in this application?

DESAIronak

Oct 8, 2012
NHK said:
Dear friends,

I have one question. Is there any senior member who can guide me??
I am a married person but I don’t want to claim my spouse point because by doing so this will decrease my score because her IELTS band is very low and further I have to spend extra money and it will also take long time for the evaluation of her degree/certification.
Please guide can I prepare EE profile without claiming her IELTS and Education point?

Hello Buddy,

It seems that we have taken the same route, I have not included my wife in the application after mentioning that I am married, now if I receive ITA do I need to submit Police clearance and Medical for wife or just for me?

keni

May 5, 2017
DESAIronak said:
Hello Buddy,

It seems that we have taken the same route, I have not included my wife in the application after mentioning that I am married, now if I receive ITA do I need to submit Police clearance and Medical for wife or just for me?
I am about taking this route too, how did it go? please can I send you a PM?

binsin

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016

JB1234 said:
I have the same case, I did not include my wife in my application. I got ITA.They asked me the reason for why my spouse is not accompanying me and I told them honestly. I got points without my spouse but in any case you will need to provide your spouse certificates etc because CIC knows that she will be coming with you in the future. They are not stupid, you will only get away with ECA and IELTS. Rest docs you will have to provide.

How much time it took you to bring ur wife to canada after this?

-jb1234

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I never understood the system of not adding spouse for more points. Like someone earlier said the hassle of another PR application, family separation for at least a year etc... for a few extra points. You can both work on improving your IELTS scores, getting ECA, etc... In all cases PCC and medicals have to be done for both. Anyone can do as they please but just my personal opinion.

Always nk

Jan 10, 2018

-jb1234
Hello even i m in same situation can after how much time can we sponsor our spouse after getting ita can i apply for them fr pr so that we all can leave at once n i also have a 2 yrs daughter can i take her along with me if I don’t add my husband as non accompanying in spouse question ? It would b helpful if any one can advise

spbalisana

Jul 3, 2017
Hi friends please guide me. If my wife doesn’t give IELTS than also can I claim her education points in express entry and also in NSPNP ? As she has done Masters. Please reply friends. Please friends guide me.