+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doing two relocations while waiting for PPR

armenaz777

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
I need to leave my home country (A) to a different one (B). Stay there for two months and then move to the third country (C) and reside there. I have an ongoing EE PR application.

1- Should I raise CSE twice, one for each move and update my contact information? Is this a normal thing or may cause delays in the application?

2- If I get a PR while being in second country (B), should I return to my home country and submit passports or I can submit while being in country B?

Thanks.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
I need to leave my home country (A) to a different one (B). Stay there for two months and then move to the third country (C) and reside there. I have an ongoing EE PR application.

1- Should I raise CSE twice, one for each move and update my contact information? Is this a normal thing or may cause delays in the application? Yes, inform every time you move. No issues with processing.

2- If I get a PR while being in second country (B), should I return to my home country and submit passports or I can submit while being in country B? You can submit passport in country B.

Thanks.

armenaz777

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Thanks for the response. Every time I change my country of residence, the VO gets changed right? or not?

I'm 2+ months since AOR at this point.

armenaz777

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Thanks for the response.

Should we raise CSE the same day that we left country A? How do I know that the changes were applied to the profile?

Which option should I select in the dropdown menu, "Contact information change" ? I need to tell CIC that I relocated and I reside in a different place now, so what's the correct option?

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
I believe your trip to country B is temporary (not permanent), looks like a visit. While you are residing in country C after all, your address change notification to IRCC shall be from country A to C. Can't you submit your passports in country A in case you get PPR while being in B?

I am just thinking that changing the address from A to B then from B to C might delay your application in case they decide to forward it to a different visa office.

This is all a personal opinion, that unless we are changing our address permanently, we better not disturb the process.

armenaz777

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
I believe your trip to country B is temporary (not permanent), looks like a visit. While you are residing in country C after all, your address change notification to IRCC shall be from country A to C. Can't you submit your passports in country A in case you get PPR while being in B?

I am just thinking that changing the address from A to B then from B to C might delay your application in case they decide to forward it to a different visa office.

This is all a personal opinion, that unless we are changing our address permanently, we better not disturb the process.
Thanks for the response. Yes, country B is temporary like 1-2 months max. Country C is the new location. The problem is that, while I'm in country B, if I get PPR, what should I do? I cannot come to country A that's for sure. I cannot stay in country B for long, that's also for sure. So what would I do?

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Thanks for the response. Yes, country B is temporary like 1-2 months max. Country C is the new location. The problem is that, while I'm in country B, if I get PPR, what should I do? I cannot come to country A that's for sure. I cannot stay in country B for long, that's also for sure. So what would I do?
Man address should be your home address, obviously it has to be either A or C and you are the only one to decide this. When they send you the PPR email you have a time frame to submit the passport. Also, I believe this is a small issue made big, at anytime you can contact and explain to the local visa office and they will reply with guidelines. The purpose of address change is not to lose contact with IRCC, and not because they want you to update your travel history. Since you can still contact them, why worry?

Review this page and decide accordingly: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=4.8

You are not supposed to inform them unless you are moving in three weeks or you have already moved.

If I were you, I would not contact them until I settle down in Country C. But that's me, you might think differently.

armenaz777

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Man address should be your home address, obviously it has to be either A or C and you are the only one to decide this. When they send you the PPR email you have a time frame to submit the passport. Also, I believe this is a small issue made big, at anytime you can contact and explain to the local visa office and they will reply with guidelines. The purpose of address change is not to lose contact with IRCC, and not because they want you to update your travel history. Since you can still contact them, why worry?

Review this page and decide accordingly: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=4.8

You are not supposed to inform them unless you are moving in three weeks or you have already moved.

If I were you, I would not contact them until I settle down in Country C. But that's me, you might think differently.
Thanks for the response. The reason I wanted to update the address is that I don't want to go back to neither A or B when I'm in C if I get PPR in order to submit my passport.

So let's say I just arrived to C and I don't have an address yet, I'm staying in a hotel. I get the PPR email. CIC contact info is still country A. What do I do now? Update the address with CSE then send passports? Just send the passports from country C, and it won't be a problem?

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Thanks for the response. The reason I wanted to update the address is that I don't want to go back to neither A or B when I'm in C if I get PPR in order to submit my passport.

So let's say I just arrived to C and I don't have an address yet, I'm staying in a hotel. I get the PPR email. CIC contact info is still country A. What do I do now? Update the address with CSE then send passports? Just send the passports from country C, and it won't be a problem?
Not all countries have a Visa office. For example, Saudi Arabia applicants stamp their visas at united emirates abu dhabi office, and they send it via a courier service (Aramex). So you just have to check your available options in this regard.