+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doing the landing in Montreal

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So this question is for a friend. They got their PR through EE. I wanted to check if they can land in Montreal or has to be Ontario? They were under FSW

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He/she can land any provinces in Canada except Quebec. Unless if he/she has nominated from Ontario province then he/she should land in Ontario.

willi

May 26, 2015
According expert in this forum, he can land in Montreal but can not reside in Montreal therefore he must prove to the officer he is only landing and not residing in Montreal.He can do so by showing his connecting flight ticket. Am planing myself to land in Montreal but my final destination is Saskatchewan.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Willi,
That's good to know. Are you really sure about doing this? Is it for sure we can do this?

willi

May 26, 2015
@TCC
From informations I have gathered am pretty sure you can land in Montreal without any difficulties as long as your final destination is not montreal. Montreal is still part of Canada and the immigration officers there are working for the federal government therefore Landing in Montreal is the same as landing anywhere in Canada but residing in Montreal is what differs because they have their own criteria for selecting immigrant.

axlh17

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
willi said:
@TCC
From informations I have gathered am pretty sure you can land in Montreal without any difficulties as long as your final destination is not montreal. Montreal is still part of Canada and the immigration officers there are working for the federal government therefore Landing in Montreal is the same as landing anywhere in Canada but residing in Montreal is what differs because they have their own criteria for selecting immigrant.
So does this mean if I get PR from FSW, I still can't work in Quebec?

willi

May 26, 2015
I think you can live and work in Quebec after you become Permenants Resident. It's now becomes your right to move freely and stay anywhere in Canada but not until you become PR so you must still meet the requirement of becoming PR to the latter before you can exercise this right.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
willi said:
@TCC
Cool. Got it. Thank you! :)

Canadahustler

Aug 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Has anyone successfully landed in montreal and traveled elsewhere. I am planning my flight and this information will go a long way in helping my decision

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadahustler said:
Has anyone successfully landed in montreal and traveled elsewhere. I am planning my flight and this information will go a long way in helping my decision
Don't be paranoid. As long as you can show connecting flight you're good.