+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does US visa refusal effect my eTa application?

Jay1011

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
What passport did you use to apply for an eTA if not an Indian passport?
Newzealand passport. But those refusals were 18 years old when i was young. That question did say they wud contact me in case they need more information.

My only advise is Whenever u apply just be honest and answer the question truthfully.

Jay1011

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
They could do but not bank statements or job details most likely reasons for any other visas having been refused.

Ok so I just looked at the ETA application and I could not see this question about being refused a visa unless it is country specific. Where do you see this question, which country are you applying from.

You will find that question in background questionnaire not sure if it only comes up if applicant was born in high risk countries.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You will find that question in background questionnaire not sure if it only comes up if applicant was born in high risk countries.
Yep I was trying to be clever and entered dummy info into an ETA application but must have answered a question somewhere that did not present the visa refusal question.

Agreed that as with any application whatever you might think of the consequences always best to answer honestly .

To elie78 there is no reason for an ETA application why they would ask for bank statements or job details beyond what is required on the application as there is no mandatory requirement to be employed to apply for an ETA. They will be paying more attention to visa refusals ,criminal history and any major contagious health conditions, standard visa application stuff..

The vast majority ETA applications are approved same day and almost certain there are a fair number of applicants who are not working. Add to that there is no obligation(other than new passport) or even process that am aware of to update an ETA other than apply from new if so inclined to spend 7 dollars.

All anyone can do is apply and if all OK then usually same day confirmation , if not OK an email within maybe 72 hours to explain what is next or a refusal. No need for anyone to overthink any application .

What is still annoying to many people is the ETA check tool that has ETA number as a mandatory field instead of just passport number and name. So until they fix that if ever, it is important to keep any confirmation letter in a safe place.

Last edited:

elie78

Jun 1, 2018
Does anyone know how much roughly need to have in bank account (part of the questions) as reasonable to fund a 10 days visit trip?