+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does uk spouse refusal visa affect getting the Canadian student visa

Lela93

Jun 7, 2018
I was married and applied for a spouse visa in uk unfortunately it got rejected but they gave me the right to appeal but I lost the case and then they gave me the choice to take my case to the upper tribunal or apply outside the country. I decided to leave the country in voluntary departure and leave my marriage behind as it was already broken...after arriving to my country in two days, I applied for a student visa to Canada but I’m a bit pessimistic if they will give me the visa as I’ve just arrived to my country after two and half years of having a visa battle with the home office

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was married and applied for a spouse visa in uk unfortunately it got rejected but they gave me the right to appeal but I lost the case and then they gave me the choice to take my case to the upper tribunal or apply outside the country. I decided to leave the country in voluntary departure and leave my marriage behind as it was already broken...after arriving to my country in two days, I applied for a student visa to Canada but I’m a bit pessimistic if they will give me the visa as I’ve just arrived to my country after two and half years of having a visa battle with the home office
Yes - your chances of getting a student visa approved to Canada are on the low side. It would have been better to have waited 6-8 months after returning to your home country before applying for the student visa. I assume you declared your UK refusal in the study visa application.

Lela93

Jun 7, 2018
When applying for my student visa, I sent normal papers required for student visa but mentioned I had a visa refusal before in uk. My lawyer said to me that they will call you to ask you what happened which obviously I’ll tell them. If my Canadian visa is refused now, will I be able to apply again afterwards?? And in case will have a refusal will it affect me getting a Canadian visa in the futur?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
When applying for my student visa, I sent normal papers required for student visa but mentioned I had a visa refusal before in uk. My lawyer said to me that they will call you to ask you what happened which obviously I’ll tell them. If my Canadian visa is refused now, will I be able to apply again afterwards?? And in case will have a refusal will it affect me getting a Canadian visa in the futur?
IRCC is not going to call you to ask what happened. You needed to explain in your app.

You could apply again but should wait at least 6 months, if not longer. Any refusal will effect future visa apps.

Lela93

Jun 7, 2018
Will I be able to withdraw my application and cancel then try again on December? And if I cancelled it, will it show on the system that I cancelled my first application if I reapply on December?