+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does the secondary applicant need to get ECA done even if the CRS score is good enough ?

schachan

Nov 19, 2018
Hi,

I am planning to apply through Express Entry program for Canada immigration from India. My wife and I both have given IELTS and I have completed my ECA from WES as I am applying as the primary applicant. My CRS score is well above the recent cut off for ITA.

My wife has done b.tech. in ECE and she is working as an IT support engineer in India. Do we really need to get her ECA done ? While creating the ECA profile, they ask about the level of education of your spouse. Can I fill that to none. Also she's planning to look for a job in Canada when we reach there. So would not having an ECA cause any problem in her job hunt ?

Reactions: schop_2010

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi,

I am planning to apply through Express Entry program for Canada immigration from India. My wife and I both have given IELTS and I have completed my ECA from WES as I am applying as the primary applicant. My CRS score is well above the recent cut off for ITA.

My wife has done b.tech. in ECE and she is working as an IT support engineer in India. Do we really need to get her ECA done ? While creating the ECA profile, they ask about the level of education of your spouse. Can I fill that to none. Also she's planning to look for a job in Canada when we reach there. So would not having an ECA cause any problem in her job hunt ?
No need for ECA for her if no points are being claimed for her education (i.e not mentioned in education history).
Just put it in personal history.

I have personally never heard of anyone being asked for an ECA when job hunting. But it doesn't hurt to have that document in hand when leaving for Canada. You never know when you might really need it...

schachan

Nov 19, 2018
Thanks for your reply. In this case can I also not show her work experience in the Work History section of express entry profile ? Because if I don't add the experiences, We wouldn't need to get all the work related documents (reference letters etc.) from her employers. Also would this impact her chances of getting a job in Canada ?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks for your reply. In this case can I also not show her work experience in the Work History section of express entry profile ? Because if I don't add the experiences, We wouldn't need to get all the work related documents (reference letters etc.) from her employers. Also would this impact her chances of getting a job in Canada ?
It's useless to mention spouse's foreign work experience in work experience section because no points are attributed for that.
Only Canadian work experience make you gain points.
So, same as education, mention it only in personal history.

If you mention it in work experience section, you'll be requested for reference letter even if no points are given.

No impact at all on job hunt.

schop_2010

May 19, 2017
Hi,

Have you got you PR ? So you selected No while submitting the application and added it post ITA under personal details ?