+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does the required "work experience" have to be under the same NOC job title?

cindyu

Mar 21, 2016
Or, is it ok to list work experience combined from more than one NOC job titles and codes?

For example, if you have 1 year of experience of NOC job title xxxx skill level A, and then you also have 2 years of experience of NOC job title xxyz skill level B, does that make you have 3 years of eligible work experience? Or, do you have to stick with just one NOC job title?

I couldn't find info on this on CIC website. Please advise. Thank you!

kvrforum

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
cindyu said:
Or, is it ok to list work experience combined from more than one NOC job titles and codes?

For example, if you have 1 year of experience of NOC job title xxxx skill level A, and then you also have 2 years of experience of NOC job title xxyz skill level B, does that make you have 3 years of eligible work experience? Or, do you have to stick with just one NOC job title?

I couldn't find info on this on CIC website. Please advise. Thank you!
As far as I've heard, that work experience should match the NOC on LMIA or PNP Nomination...

Don't trust me..

cindyu

Mar 21, 2016
I understand that, but I'm talking about Express Entry application.. One does not need an LMIA or PNP just to apply for Express Entry although they will boost your points accrual.

I want to know if the work experience that you're claiming points for has to be under one same NOC title or not. I mean, in the case of people who have 5 years of work experience but they are not in the same company/job title, for example, 1 year in job A, 2 years in job B, and 3 years in job C.... Can they claim for all 5 years or do they have to choose which job (A? B? C?) to apply the Express Entry under?

I hope that makes sense. Thanks again!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
cindyu said:
I understand that, but I'm talking about Express Entry application.. One does not need an LMIA or PNP just to apply for Express Entry although they will boost your points accrual.

I want to know if the work experience that you're claiming points for has to be under one same NOC title or not. I mean, in the case of people who have 5 years of work experience but they are not in the same company/job title, for example, 1 year in job A, 2 years in job B, and 3 years in job C.... Can they claim for all 5 years or do they have to choose which job (A? B? C?) to apply the Express Entry under?

I hope that makes sense. Thanks again!
As long as your primary NOC meets the minimum requirement [at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time], the rest of the work experience need not be in the same NOC as the primary one. To calculate total work experience it can be under any NOC as long as it is under any of the skill types - 0, A or B.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
As long as your primary NOC meets the minimum requirement [at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time], the rest of the work experience need not be in the same NOC as the primary one. To calculate total work experience it can be under any NOC as long as it is under any of the skill types - 0, A or B.
And so it is. Exactly right.

Note that the minimum requirement above applies to FSW.

The min requirement for CEC was relaxed sometime last year - Canadian experience no longer needs to be continuous.