Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Hi everyone! To all successful applicants who already have their visas, does the embassy return the original documents like birth certificates, diplomas, official certifications, transcript of records etc. If someone who applied from Manila office can share his/her experience, this will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

ultrawax89

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MAKATI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
April 4, 2013
Med's Done....
April 11, 2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
June 6, 2013
LANDED..........
June 26, 2013
Hello DocRZ.. Yup.. They will return all the documents you have given. sakin kasi binalik nila lahat, TOR, BC, LoA, lahat lahat except lang dun sa application form. kumusta na application mo? Hope everything is fine for you:)

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
But it says in their application checklist to send originals and 1 photocopy proofs of all current and past education. As per my university, I am only to receive one copy of my diploma for my entire lifetime. Kinda worried about what would happen if I submit it and cannot claim it back.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
DocRZ said:
But it says in their application checklist to send originals and 1 photocopy proofs of all current and past education. As per my university, I am only to receive one copy of my diploma for my entire lifetime. Kinda worried about what would happen if I submit it and cannot claim it back.
sorry i was wrong didnt see ur from manila...they will return

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
@mead That's alright... I need all the information I can get and decide which is more applicable to my case.

@ultrawax Salamat! Buti na lang kasi wala na ko certified true copies e. I already sent them to Canada. Still the same long, hard and frustrating wait. I've decided to submit all my documents to the embassy on Thursday. I'm planning to write them a little story on why I'm doing it. Hopefully the embassy can hear me out...

ultrawax89

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MAKATI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
April 4, 2013
Med's Done....
April 11, 2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
June 6, 2013
LANDED..........
June 26, 2013
sure they will:) malapit lang ako sa calgary if ever.. pag papasyal ako dun papasyalan kita..

gandan

Jun 10, 2013
may I know what are included in the checklist if you submit paper based application? I thought it is alright to submit xerox copy.

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Here's the list:

1. Completed “Application form for a Study Permit” (IMM1294)
List your spouse/common-law partner and ALL your children under 18 years of age on the IMM 1294 Form, even if they do not need a visa or are accompanying you. If you have more than 3 family members, fill additional copies of the IMM 1294 Form.
Accompanying children over 18 yrs of age must submit a separate Application form IMM1294.
Make sure you include your mailing address, reliable phone contact and if you agree to email communications, your email address.

2. Completed “Family Information” form (IMM5465) for all applicants 18 years of age or over.

3. Two passport photographs for each applicant. Signed, dated and taken in the past six (6) months. Write the name and birth date of the individual on the back.

4. Processing fee - Fees must be paid by manager’s cheque, certified cheque or bank draft payable to the “Embassy of Canada, Manila”. Cheques and PMOs should be valid for at least 6 months upon submission of your application. Cash will NOT be accepted and processing fee is nonrefundable

5. Original passport(s) for yourself and each family member requesting a visa, along with a copy of the passport bio-data page (i.e. the page that has your name, photo, place of birth, date of issue, etc.)
Each passport should have a minimum of two blank visa pages and minimum 6 months validity. If possible, your passport should be valid for the duration of your study period as a study permit cannot be issued beyond the validity of your passport
Attach old passports showing previous travel.
If the laminate on the biopage is disturbed around the photo, a new passport is required. In order to save valuable time, please obtain a new passport prior to submitting your application.
Children must have their own passport.

6. Original Letter of Acceptance from your educational institute in Canada stating unconditional admission, course title, duration of study, level of study, start date (multiple start dates, if applicable) and latest possible date of admission. If your acceptance is conditional you must show you can meet the conditions.

7. Official Fee Schedule which includes – tuition, accommodations and meal plans, miscellaneous expenses (medical insurance, books, memberships).

8. A personal study plan: a description of your proposed program of studies as it relates to your academic, technical, or vocational background

9. Academic Documents – ORIGINALS and 1 PHOTOCOPY of: present academic standings (up to date transcripts); post secondary transcripts; all certificates and or diplomas. You must provide evidence of all current and past education

10. If 18 years old or over, an NBI certificate (Original Copy) issued within the last 3 months and marked with dry seal and your thumbprint (Personal Copy not acceptable). [Police clearance]

11. Proof of funds. You must submit evidence of sufficient funds to cover your travel, first year tuition and expenses while in Canada (as well as costs for your dependents if applicable). This evidence should include, but is not limited to, financial documents such as income tax documents, bank records for the past 24 months (bank books and statements) and fixed deposits.

12. Scholarships or any financial assistance from the school or award from a government or other funding agency must be presented on official letter stating the full amount of the award, its duration and any governing conditions.

If someone other than yourself or your parents are providing funding, you may provide:

13. Reference letter:
From the individual(s) providing you financial assistance for your program. The letter must indicate how they are employed, their occupation, their relationship to you, their number of dependents, and their full contact details.
From the employer of the individual(s) providing you financial assistance for your program. The letter should include the employer’s contact details and the full address of the business.

14. Evidence of their financial ability: verifiable information from a third party source of your assistor’s income, such as: a copy of current valid pension; proof of income from rental properties; proof of interest from bank accounts; a certified letter from bank regarding participation bonds.
If financial assistance is being provided by someone in Canada, you may provide proof of their immigration status, such as a copy of the citizenship card or Permanent Resident Card.

If applicable, you must also submit:

15. If someone is assisting you in completing your application or you would like someone to do business with our office on your behalf, completed Use of a Representative [IMM5476].

16. If you have paid tuition fees, you may provide proof of any tuition paid in advance. Note that this is not required.

17. Certificat d’Acceptation du Québec (CAQ) if you will be studying in Quebec.

18. Custodian Declaration -All minor applicants must supply a notarized declaration signed by the parents or legal guardian in the country of origin and signed by the custodian in Canada – stating arrangements have been made for the custodian to act in place of the parent(s).

19. Proof of Business if you are self employed. Provide business registration, tax clearance certificates, trade certificates, license and financial documents. (certified business bank statement with 6 months history up to application submission date)

20. Proof of employment - letter from your current or past employer and payslips (last 3 months). Employment letter dated within 2 months of the application indicating occupation, job description, position, salary, allowances, years of employment, and authorized leave dates.

Please note that these are what the Canadian Embassy in Manila requires. The list may vary in your country.