+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does the Client Application Status ever change?

Tara_W

Apr 8, 2009
Hi,

Quick question: once Sponsorship has been approved and the file has been transferred to the local consulate (in this case, London, UK), does the Client Application Status ever get updated? Its been saying "In Process" for the last few weeks now and when I click on the link, this is what I see:

"We started processing XXXX's application on May 20, 2009"

Do they ever add anything else? They have his medical (or at least, we hope they do- it was sent ahead in early April by the medical practitioner here in Ireland) and we haven't had a request for anything else. We didn't get an acknowledgement of receipt of the file either, but I believe that's normal for London.

Looking at other people's timelines, we're hoping to hear something within the next few weeks (dare I say a passport request?!) but just wondering if we should be looking out for an update online in the meantime.

Thanks,
Tara

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
One thing I recommend is editing your post to take out your husbands name if that IS your husbands name. Very rarely does ecas get updated especially for offices that process faster than the others. You probably won't see a change until just before or after your PPR !
Good luck!

Tara_W

Apr 8, 2009
Whoops, thanks! Meant to do that!

Thanks for the other, good to know so that we're not unduly concerned as we wait!

Cheers,
Tara

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
London occasionally updates it with a line saying "Medical results have been received", but it seems that doesn't mean anything. I know someone who's had that there since day one and months later, still no PPR. On the other hand, another one waiting for about the same time, got that update just yesterday and it came together with the "decision made". So... not much order to them.
Other than that, the only other update they make is to say the decision has been made. In London's case that seems to be when they request the PPR.

welshiess

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Hi.....I am waiting on London too. Has been showing in process since the middle of March and no AOR or any other update/requests since. Hoping to hear something soon!

ukmike

Star Member
Jan 25, 2009
UK
Hi Tara, We are 8 days behind your application and check pretty much every day online to see if they have posted any progress but nothing as yet. When it does actually change to 'Decision Made' I'm guessing we then still have to wait for a letter to find out the result? Good Luck and keep us updated. Mike

lbw

Nov 26, 2008
Yes it does change, but only when the decision has been made. We started processing in Feb 2008 and received the passport request yesterday - June 30th - just in time for Canada Day ! Hope yours is quicker - don't get discouraged though, it will happen.
We had a request for my partner to do a new medical and obtain an updated police report as they had both expired, but this was a good sign as they were ready to approve the application. Our solicitors then chased it up after we submitted the new documents and the PR came through.

Tara_W

Apr 8, 2009
Congratulations on your approval! Gosh, Feb 2008. That was a long ol' wait. Hopefully ours will get through that bit quicker as we provided the medical, police clearance and everything all up front. Paid in full too, so fingers crossed!

And yes, Happy Canada Day to all!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
congratulations, lbw!
was your application in-land or out-land?

babybruna

Jun 9, 2009
Hi LBV,
how long did take to PRR VISa after you made the medical exam? My time is like yours,
AOR 18JAN2008
RE-DO Medica EXAM 28 MAY 2009
waiting for pasport request...

thanks
Bruna

lbw

Nov 26, 2008
Babybrun,

Did new medical in Jan 09 and passport requested rec'd 30th June - BUT in between this time, the Visa office sent a letter requesting "another" medical. Our solictors asked them WHY as a second one had been done in Jan, and it appears it should have been a passport request that should have been sent, NOT a medical request. Hopefully you should not be too long - good luck.

lbw

Nov 26, 2008
Suin, Thank you, it is nice to have it all completed. It was an outland application although we did move to Canada in advance as I have Canadian / British citizenship and my husband is British.

lbw

Nov 26, 2008
Suin, I said we moved here, but my husband was still considered to be living in the UK and had to leave before his 6 month visas expired. All the information from our files was available to the immigration people at Toronto airport, so never encountered a problem coming back in.