+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does the 730 days count start from landing or from date you receive the PR card?

andrew999929

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
So the PR card expires after 5 years starting from when you land or staring from when you receive the pr card. And the 730 days count start from the date of landing or from the date I receive the pr card??

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
So the PR card expires after 5 years starting from when you land or staring from when you receive the pr card. And the 730 days count start from the date of landing or from the date I receive the pr card??
The PR Card expiry date is printed on the card. The Residency Obligations start on the day you land. The date on the PR card is irrelevant.

Reactions: Buletruck

abiisharma

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Sir,

What does irrelevant mean? Ofcourse expiry date should imply the day your PR card is no longer valid travel document.

Will I be considered RO compliant if I complete 730 days before my PR card expiry date but not as per my landing date?

Can immigration make issue in my entry to Canada? I am asking coz I am in such situation. Please advise

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Sir,

What does irrelevant mean? Ofcourse expiry date should imply the day your PR card is no longer valid travel document.

Will I be considered RO compliant if I complete 730 days before my PR card expiry date but not as per my landing date?

Can immigration make issue in my entry to Canada? I am asking coz I am in such situation. Please advise
The expiry date of the PR card is irrelevant to meeting the RO.

No, you will not be in compliance with the RO.

Yes, you can be reported upon entry for failing to meet the RO.

Reactions: YVR123