+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Super Visa Medical Test Has Expiry ?

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone

I am reaching out to seek some guidance regarding a situation my family is currently facing with their Canadian Super Visa.

My father and mother-in-law were granted the Canadian Super Visa in November 2021, and its expiration date is October 2024. They are planning to enter Canada in January 2024. As we navigate through the preparations for their journey, a question has arisen regarding the validity of their medical exams.

The medical exams were conducted as part of the Super Visa application process in November 2021. Considering that their visa allows entry until October 2024, we are uncertain whether they need to undergo another medical examination before they arrive in Canada or if the current one is still deemed valid.

I understand that immigration policies may change, and personal experiences can vary. However, if you have any insights or advice based on your knowledge or experiences, we would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance. We value the wealth of information and support within this forum community.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone

I am reaching out to seek some guidance regarding a situation my family is currently facing with their Canadian Super Visa.

My father and mother-in-law were granted the Canadian Super Visa in November 2021, and its expiration date is October 2024. They are planning to enter Canada in January 2024. As we navigate through the preparations for their journey, a question has arisen regarding the validity of their medical exams.

The medical exams were conducted as part of the Super Visa application process in November 2021. Considering that their visa allows entry until October 2024, we are uncertain whether they need to undergo another medical examination before they arrive in Canada or if the current one is still deemed valid.

I understand that immigration policies may change, and personal experiences can vary. However, if you have any insights or advice based on your knowledge or experiences, we would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance. We value the wealth of information and support within this forum community.
No they don’t have to do another medical for IRCC. If anything significant has changed with their health the insurance company could ask for more information about their health. Supervisa is only emergency medical coverage that doesn’t cover many preexisting conditions receiving active treatment so if there is a significant change in their health you would have to assess whether visiting Canada is possible.

Reactions: lildip

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No they don’t have to do another medical for IRCC. If anything significant has changed with their health the insurance company could ask for more information about their health. Supervisa is only emergency medical coverage that doesn’t cover many preexisting conditions receiving active treatment so if there is a significant change in their health you would have to assess whether visiting Canada is possible.
Thank you so much !

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
If we did upfront medicals but the Supervisa isn't approved within the 1 year timeline would we need to do medicals again? The supervisa's from China seem to be taking forever, it's been 11 months we still have not received the visa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If we did upfront medicals but the Supervisa isn't approved within the 1 year timeline would we need to do medicals again? The supervisa's from China seem to be taking forever, it's been 11 months we still have not received the visa
Yes they can be asked to repeat the medicals. It will be up to IRCC to decide whether medicals will be required again but typically seniors will be asked to redo medicals while younger people may not have to redo because their health is less likely to have changed in a year. Have you contacted your MP to find out what is going on with the supervisa application? Have your parents been in the military or police or held positions in the CPP (not entry level positions). Did they need to do further medical testing that has slowed down their application?

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Yes they can be asked to repeat the medicals. It will be up to IRCC to decide whether medicals will be required again but typically seniors will be asked to redo medicals while younger people may not have to redo because their health is less likely to have changed in a year. Have you contacted your MP to find out what is going on with the supervisa application? Have your parents been in the military or police or held positions in the CPP (not entry level positions). Did they need to do further medical testing that has slowed down their application?
Hi thanks for the response. Yes we spoke with our MP, our application for my father was initially declined because they said we didn't provide the insurance certificate. I work in insurance, we certainly provided the correct certificate. The MP's office helped with re-opening the application, IRCC then magically found the correct insurance certificate. All medicals are passed. Our MP is now telling us our application is considered non-routine because of the initial denial and there is no timeline. This was IRCC's fault from the beginning. My mother held a good high position in the government and is involved in the CPP but is now retired. They are saying now they are waiting on background checks for her. In February it will mark 1 year since we applied. thoughts??

Go123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
Hi guys,

I have a quick question to ask. If any of you could answer it I’d greatly appreciate it.

I applied for PR for my wife through spousal sponsorship and she got AOR, medicals and biometrics done. The application is in progress.

Now I am planning to apply for a Super Visa for my mother. She’s widowed.

Can I include the total members in family as 2 (mother and me) or 3 (mother, me and wife)?
Do I still need to count my spouse in for Super Visa application since she isn’t in Canada?

I have to mention the current family members in my Mom’s Super Visa application in order to meet the family income requirements.

Please respond.

Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys,

I have a quick question to ask. If any of you could answer it I’d greatly appreciate it.

I applied for PR for my wife through spousal sponsorship and she got AOR, medicals and biometrics done. The application is in progress.

Now I am planning to apply for a Super Visa for my mother. She’s widowed.

Can I include the total members in family as 2 (mother and me) or 3 (mother, me and wife)?
Do I still need to count my spouse in for Super Visa application since she isn’t in Canada?

I have to mention the current family members in my Mom’s Super Visa application in order to meet the family income requirements.

Please respond.

Thanks in advance.
Please stop multiposting. Already answered.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi thanks for the response. Yes we spoke with our MP, our application for my father was initially declined because they said we didn't provide the insurance certificate. I work in insurance, we certainly provided the correct certificate. The MP's office helped with re-opening the application, IRCC then magically found the correct insurance certificate. All medicals are passed. Our MP is now telling us our application is considered non-routine because of the initial denial and there is no timeline. This was IRCC's fault from the beginning. My mother held a good high position in the government and is involved in the CPP but is now retired. They are saying now they are waiting on background checks for her. In February it will mark 1 year since we applied. thoughts??
If IRCC thinks more background check is necessary, it will take longer and there is no timeline. They may reqest medical exam again when the application is ready to progress.
Did she retire from her job or her membership from the CCP?