+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does requesting for an IELTS remark put your CIC application on hold?

smfcoder

Feb 19, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18.May.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
14.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
31.Jan.2017
Passport Req..
7.Apr.2017
VISA ISSUED...
4.May.2017
I have just received my IELTS scores and am thinking of requesting for a re-mark.

However, I'm also thinking of creating an Express Entry profile.

If I request for a re-mark after applying for Express Entry, would that put my application on hold? Can I still receive an ITA (if I'm above the cut-off) while the re-mark results are pending?

Thanks for the help.

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smfcoder said:
I have just received my IELTS scores and am thinking of requesting for a re-mark.

However, I'm also thinking of creating an Express Entry profile.

If I request for a re-mark after applying for Express Entry, would that put my application on hold? Can I still receive an ITA (if I'm above the cut-off) while the re-mark results are pending?

Thanks for the help.
For EE account creation you need the IELTS Result publication number mentioned on the Result sheet (you will receive it after a week from online result).

For re-evaluation you need to send the Result sheet back to IELTS office along with your remarking application.

Here is the catch, If you receive invitation in your EE account then you need to send the original result sheet with other docs to Canada. This should be done within the 60 days from the day of invitation received.

Your revaluation may take 6 weeks to process, possibly around two months. And if within this time period you get invitation then you will get in trouble without original result sheet.

So my advise, do not go for revaluation as you have already got one of the best scores and probably the EE score will come down to 460-470. So do not miss out on the opportunity. And believe me I have not seen many people around the forum who have scored 8 in speaking section.

If you still want revaluation done (for Australia) then you may try the duplicate result sheet option. You can apply for duplicate result sheet as well as apply for revaluation. Possibly you can work around with this jugaad and end up with a duplicate result sheet which can be used for EE application, as the result sheet number will remain same. Possibly IDP will issue you a duplicate sheet but don tell them you have sent your original one for revaluation, just say you have lost it. If everything goes good, you will be one lucky guy. But it can be risky as well, dats y its called a jugaad.

bythegrace

May 13, 2016
my results

Hello all i sat the test on the 30th in London. I was nervous about the writing and also the speaking, but have seemed to done the best in those categories so its all good.
listening 8.5
readin 9.0
writing 8.5
speaking 9.0.

So before i create a profile for express entry should i wait for my husband to complete his test and get his results. Or can i go ahead and start the profile?

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: my results

bythegrace said:
Hello all i sat the test on the 30th in London. I was nervous about the writing and also the speaking, but have seemed to done the best in those categories so its all good.
listening 8.5
readin 9.0
writing 8.5
speaking 9.0.

So before i create a profile for express entry should i wait for my husband to complete his test and get his results. Or can i go ahead and start the profile?
WOW score. Surely you should create your EE profile. You can always edit the profile for changes in the future.

naeembadil

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Re: my results

bythegrace said:
listening 8.5
readin 9.0
writing 8.5
speaking 9.0.

Dear friend,
Its a nice score, plz guide me regading general reading , as i am weak in this portion. how i can achive nine band in reading.
Thanks
Badil