+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does reapplication for a study permit take the same time as the first one?

saravani

Dec 21, 2021
I have a PhD position in Montreal and my classes start from January 10.
I applied for a study permit on October 18 from Mexico City, but my study permit application was rejected today because of the following reason:

"You have not submitted a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ)"

However, this reasoning in not correct! I already sent them my CAQ using the web form. I applied with proof of application for a CAQ and sent it later when my CAQ was approved using a web form (as their website instructed).

I sent them a reconsideration request with email, but I don't know what to do now! Should I wait for their response to my email, or should I reapply?

Does reapplication take another 2 months? :/

Reactions: Godsmercy

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a PhD position in Montreal and my classes start from January 10.
I applied for a study permit on October 18 from Mexico City, but my study permit application was rejected today because of the following reason:

"You have not submitted a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ)"

However, this reasoning in not correct! I already sent them my CAQ using the web form. I applied with proof of application for a CAQ and sent it later when my CAQ was approved using a web form (as their website instructed).

I sent them a reconsideration request with email, but I don't know what to do now! Should I wait for their response to my email, or should I reapply?

Does reapplication take another 2 months? :/
If you reapply, you start from the beginning. Your file is not expedited.