+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does property in the name of one of the deceased parent holds good if shown as strong ties back home?

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hello Folks,

I'm a PR and have been in Canada for 3 years. I wanted to apply for a TRV for my mother who is 68 years old, my father passed away 8 months back. I want her to come and stay with us for some time ( may be 3 months) to have a change of place. I have 3 siblings who all stay back home and my mother has always lived back home. She has large family with 7 siblings, all back home.

She has just one travel history dating 10 years back to the middle east. She was always a home maker and never worked. My parents home is the only property they have and is the name of my father.

Now my question is if I show this property as a strong tie back home along with other children staying back home, will it be helpful?

Also can I show my bank Canadian acc details as funds, or do they have to be shown in her acc?

Do i also need to fill IMM 5475 and 5476?

Appreciate you help

Thanks

IgboQueenBee

Oct 18, 2020
Sorry for your loss; losing a parent is tough. Was there a will left by your father? If yes, try to get the property transferred to her name before she applies; it strengthens her case for ties to home country. If possible, do a valuation too. Does she have any children under 18? Pension? That would also improve ties. They'll wonder how would she earn money now back home, since the primary breadwinner is no longer here.

Reactions: jackdawn

joe_cic

Apr 12, 2017
Sorry for your loss; losing a parent is tough. Was there a will left by your father? If yes, try to get the property transferred to her name before she applies; it strengthens her case for ties to home country. If possible, do a valuation too. Does she have any children under 18? Pension? That would also improve ties. They'll wonder how would she earn money now back home, since the primary breadwinner is no longer here.
He doesn’t need any of the items you mentioned. I invited my mom, she has similar profile as he described his mom — a widow and no work history or business. They approved her visa. All supporting documents were provided by me (I was a PR then) — including bank statement, affidavit stating that she’s my mom, that she’s been under my care since dad passed away, and that I’ll be responsible for her travelling cost.

Reactions: qwertas

IgboQueenBee

Oct 18, 2020
He doesn’t need any of the items you mentioned. I invited my mom, she has similar profile as he described his mom — a widow and no work history or business. They approved her visa. All supporting documents were provided by me (I was a PR then) — including bank statement, affidavit stating that she’s my mom, that she’s been under my care since dad passed away, and that I’ll be responsible for her travelling cost.
I'm not saying it's not possible to get approved in the current circumstances; it certainly is. However, the things I have listed will strengthen her case. I've seen others with parents in similar situations as yours who were declined a visa. But it's always good to hope.