+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does previous visa rejection cause problems?

thedude

May 14, 2008
Hello my spouse applyed to study in Canada before during the course of our relationship, but was rejected . Is this going to make it seem like she just wants marriage for permanent residency? Will I need to to attach a page to explain this? So many things to worry about... I hope that 3 years of evidence is enough to prove our legitimacy... I am afraid that small things like this will make them reject us even if we provide proof. Has anyone been rejected before for a small thing like this before even though they were able to provide enough evidence???

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
The rejected visa could be a problem if there was doubt about your relationship and there were suspicious circumstances. For example if one person tries for a visa and then after the rejection, suddenly finds someone to marry and then gets sponsored.

I'm sure that since you've been together for as long as you have and have the evidence needed to show it, you'll have no problem proving your relationship is genuine and it will not be an issue.

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
mitamata said:
The rejected visa could be a problem if there was doubt about your relationship and there were suspicious circumstances. For example if one person tries for a visa and then after the rejection, suddenly finds someone to marry and then gets sponsored.

I'm sure that since you've been together for as long as you have and have the evidence needed to show it, you'll have no problem proving your relationship is genuine and it will not be an issue.
- Attach a paper describing the reason of her rejection back in 3 years. You may mention her file number at that time (can be found on the rejection letter). Always be truthful and everything will be fine.

- My case was pretty different, my 1st student visa application was rejected due to availability of fund. I mentioned this in my second application. And I got the visa second time.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
mitamata said:

in our case was somewhat similar situation, - the matter is that our marriage was scheduled for the US already, but we applied for the visitors visa just to spend some time together in Canada before the marriage, & got rejected. hope that will not cause problems & will not look like after the rejection we got married right away

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
My husband got rejected after we got married because they assumed we married for purpose of visa, but we just really wanted him to visit my family in Canada for a couple of weeks. 5 years later we are applying for PR and we did mention this. There is nothing wrong with speaking the truth. It may just show them they were wrong about the genuinity of the marriage.
If the question comes up you could explain just that. Also if you have proof that you were planning to marry in the US that would be even better. But many couples have denials of TRV in their backgrounds so I personally don't worry about it. Just have lots of proof that you were involved before during and after :))