+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does passport expiry date affect work permit ?

Nevil Jaison

Nov 30, 2019
hello,
i got offer letter to study in canada. but the problem is my graduate certificate course which i opted to study in canada will end in 7-1-2022. My passport will expire in 12-1-2022.there is only 5 days gap. So this becomes a problem friends? please help me to get out from this situation.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
hello,
i got offer letter to study in canada. but the problem is my graduate certificate course which i opted to study in canada will end in 7-1-2022. My passport will expire in 12-1-2022.there is only 5 days gap. So this becomes a problem friends? please help me to get out from this situation.
Others can comment/correct but as far as issuing a study permit should not I believe anyway make any difference given your passport still valid through the course completion. As for a PGWP then of course you will need a new passport before you apply and obviously the best solution would be to apply for a new passport in your home country before travelling to Canada given for some countries it can be a challenge to apply from outside of home country something to allow for time wise

Not sure why you posted this in CEC when it is an international student question.

Nevil Jaison

Nov 30, 2019
Others can comment/correct but as far as issuing a study permit should not I believe anyway make any difference given your passport still valid through the course completion. As for a PGWP then of course you will need a new passport before you apply and obviously the best solution would be to apply for a new passport in your home country before travelling to Canada given for some countries it can be a challenge to apply from outside of home country something to allow for time wise

Not sure why you posted this in CEC when it is an international student question.
sir, the problem is that once i apply for a new passport my passport number will change. so that i wrote ielts with old passport. so i really tensed that it will affect to my visa. the miss match which they found may be a chance for visa rejection. What would i do?