+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does one need ECA for Bachelors when you have Canadian masters? and Is education linked to occupation when CRS points calculated?

roop11

Jan 1, 2020
I have completed my masters in Canada(analytics) but the field of study is different from Bachelor(engineering). Primary occupation that I am presenting for getting CRS points is related to my Bachelors degree. So, do I need to get ECA for my bachelors or I can just mention my masters in EE profile (As it is Canadian masters, I have not got it evaluated)? Is education linked to occupation when CRS points calculated?

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
I have completed my masters in Canada(analytics) but the field of study is different from Bachelor(engineering). Primary occupation that I am presenting for getting CRS points is related to my Bachelors degree. So, do I need to get ECA for my bachelors or I can just mention my masters in EE profile (As it is Canadian masters, I have not got it evaluated)? Is education linked to occupation when CRS points calculated?
Your degree doesn't have to be linked to your work experience (although there are probably some exceptions).
I have BSc in New Media Production Technology, MSc in Project Management, PGCert in Learning & Teaching (HE). Only had my Masters degree evaluated but I my NOC was University Teaching Assistants and I had no issues with my application.